Ads not shown when logged in
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Well the sun shone on the righteous and we enjoyed a very pleasant hour here
    Very nice! I'm about to set off for one of my locals, The Carlton Tavern. It has a very large garden, but hope it isn't packed.

A great couple of hours in The Wyndham Arms, meeting up with old faces, superb beer from Fine Tuned (Sunshine Reggae on draft). First pint was in perfect condition, but if something looks too good to be true it probably isn't so a second pint was required to confirm. Still couldn't find anything wrong, so had to double-check. OK, final check, and all was still fine. Half a gallon, several dog biscuits (the dogs not me) and convivial company. It's good to be back.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire

I'm off to Inn On The Green to potentially sit in a marque in a car park tomorrow. Not enamored but if intermediate norm I'll go along with it till it's worth making any effort to do new pubs when indoors returns. Don't even know what's happening with the 3 locals at the bottom of my road reopening.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

There was a flurry of snow early morning but this passed and with a some afternoon sun popped in here while passing.A well kept pint of Twickenham Grandstand slipped down ,it was great to have cask after almost 4 months without.All punters and staff were on a real high and even some passing drivers tooted their horns.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

A thoroughly enjoyable half gallon here surrounded by a cheery crowd in the sunshine.

I’d forgotten how good cask beer is and it totally refused to stay in the glass.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

This Space For Hire

I passed countless pubs on my 15-mile walk last night and probably about half were open, with many more obviously about to open in the next week or so. Some had brought in extra-long trestle tables and trestle benches - I even saw mixed furniture which included a swivelling office chair on castors (drunk in charge of a vehicle?), much seating was clearly breaching pavement boundaries. What was bloody obvious though is that they were all rammed with groups of six people. I don't think I saw a single couple, let alone solo drinker. Most websites I viewed said that only bookings were being taken and for no fewer than six drinkers. Around 10.00 pm I passed The Clissold Park Tavern and there was a vacant table, beyond their substantial beer garden, out on the pavement but it was sandwiched between two tables used by rather unsavoury characters and as the pub is far from satisfactory, I decided to forget about it.
    I reckon I'll have to wait for normality to return before I'll be back in a pub.

In the beer garden at The Healey today, very pleasant, no issues whatsoever.

We were booked in for 14:30 and got home about 20 minutes ago, just the four and a half hours!!!!

Doesn't time fly.........................
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    In the beer garden at The Healey today, very pleasant, no issues whatsoever.

We were booked in for 14:30 and got home about 20 minutes ago, just the four and a half hours!!!!

Doesn't time fly.........................
    Judging from Google, you seem to have the benefit of far lower population density, not afforded by Upper Street/Essex Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Judging from Google, you seem to have the benefit of far lower population density, not afforded by Upper Street/Essex Road.
    Yeah, it's grim up north.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

A very nice afternoon session
    Waggon 12.4.21.jpg
    in the Waggon yesterday.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields