Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
Not sure I understand what you mean. Your comment in another thread about a pub being "relaxed about the stupid guidance" suggests that you think this whole pandemic thing has been made up, or exaggerated, and that government responses in the UK have been over the top.

If so, I hope you don't find out the hard way just how serious it can be.
I dare say people's views depend on their membership or not, of one of the risk categories and their perception of risk. A previously healthy man under 40 has a small risk compared an old bloke of over 60. Current figures show the percentage of confirmed cases is about 0.46% of the UK population and total deaths confirmed from CV19 at 0.07% of the UK population, and as we know most deaths are of inmates of hospitals, care homes, and among the poor and BAME. Pretty good odds if you're not in an at risk group. And remember lock-down was brought in to "flatten the curve", which it succeeded at.

I suspect we will eventually take the kind of pragmatic outlook that people in the past did to disease, the days when a simple cut could lead to death by Sepsis or when TB carried off thousands every year. Adding in the coming problems of anti-biotic resistant bugs the days of "isn't medical science wonderful" are probably numbered.