Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
The problem was more a case of HMG crapping themselves about the NHS getting overwhelmed, based on dodgy figures from Neil Fergusson, who of course had form on dodgy figures as he is widely credited with cocking up big time over the Foot & Mouth disease a few years ago. Neil of course was a bit like Cummings in that he decided the rules didn't apply to him when he famously went off to shag his mistress. Anyway it is a matter of record that many elderly people were sent back to care homes with little regard for their infectious status we can only guess at the motivations of "Hancock's half hour", "Boris the Blusterer" and the poor sighted Cummings AKA "The Mekon", unlike Jenrick it's not a simple case of follow the money.
Agree with all that you say, except that, without checking, I think Ferguson's squeeze went round to his for a shag, not the way you had it. The result is the same whatever.

Hey, if only they were all just plain corrupt. Between narcissism, corruption, blissful ignorance of foreign manipulation, stupidity and good old-fashioned callousness, it's remarkable that these guys keep on getting re-elected. I'm all in favour of a bit of self-harm if that's what you're into, but 40% or more of the electorate going "yes, whip me harder" is something I will never get my head around.