Ads not shown when logged in
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

This Space For Hire

The forecast here for Monday is 8C max, mostly cloudy, a little rain, -1C min. As patio heaters will (literally) cut no ice if there's the slightest breeze I suspect we'll be staying in. Despite that the pub at the bottom of our street was busying itself this morning deploying queuing signs and whathaveyou. As the next ten nearest pubs have no realistic outside area I expect they'll get punters come what may.

Prospects are better (well 12C and a bit of sun) later in the week.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 10-04-2021 at 19:19.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    The forecast here for Monday is 8C max, mostly cloudy, a little rain, -1C min. As patio heaters will (literally) cut no ice if there's the slightest breeze I suspect we'll be staying in. Despite that the pub at the bottom of our street was busying itself this morning deploying queuing signs and whathaveyou. As the next ten nearest pubs have no realistic outside area I expect they'll get punters come what may.

Prospects are better (well 12C and a bit of sun) later in the week.
    Here it will be about 8C in the evening but 'feels like' 5C - 7C with a 10% chance of rain. I'd rather stay in.

This Space For Hire

Going to wait until the weather is better. Still wearing my thermal vest and probably will be until the end of the month.

Well I'll be going down the pub Monday.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Well I'll be going down the pub Monday.
    Me too! Several layers of clothes, plus gloves. Can't decide between my Leeds Rhinos scarf (which I bought at Headingley on 5 March last year, the last game of rugby I've seen live) or my Luton Town scarf from when we won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy on 5 April 2009, which I recall as a warm sunny day, with not much call for a scarf (I wore it anyway).
    Come On You Hatters!

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Looks like all of the pubs in the village will be reopening tomorrow. Glad to see it but really not sure how financially viable it will turn out for them. I’ll be at the Masons Arms at some point this week and who knows, maybe I’ll show the others some support but I have no idea what to expect in terms of beer, service, etiquette and numbers of customers.

I'll make an appearance at some time,but I don't really drink during the week, and next weekend is filling-up with not directly beer related activities. Perhaps I'll fall back on the old semi retired card.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Here it will be about 8C in the evening but 'feels like' 5C - 7C with a 10% chance of rain. I'd rather stay in.
    Well the sun shone on the righteous and we enjoyed a very pleasant hour here

[RANT] You do wonder why they (and they are by far not the only offender) try to get you to use their phone app when, at least if you are on EE, you can only get a signal if you stand on a table or find a sweet spot in the car park or you are close enough to the building to get their wifi, and then you'd think they'd put a repeater outside rather then expecting the signal to go through two foot thick walls. The waiters have all got order pads and card machines anyway, even if I could get a signal the phone faff is too much. I've never come across a table-service bar on the continent, ie most bars, where they try to inflict apps on you. [/RANT]
    Last edited by NickDavies; 12-04-2021 at 18:34.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    [RANT] You do wonder why they (and they are by far not the only offender) try to get you to use their phone app when, at least if you are on EE, you can only get a signal if you stand on a table or find a sweet spot in the car park or you are close enough to the building to get their wifi, and then you'd think they'd put a repeater outside rather then expecting the signal to go through two foot thick walls. The waiters have all got order pads and card machines anyway, even if I could get a signal the phone faff is too much. I've never come across a table-service bar on the continent, ie most bars, where they try to inflict apps on you. [/RANT]
    If you're not prepared to stand on a table, we can only assume that you're not desperate for a beer.
    Come On You Hatters!