Ads not shown when logged in
Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    And what is 'horehound'?
    Marrubium vulgare, a perennial in the mint family. Bitter menthol. Used as flavouring in beer pre-hops, and allegedly still.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Bitter menthol. Used as flavouring in beer pre-hops, and allegedly still.

This Space For Hire

When I was a kid 60 years ago we used to get a sweet called horehound.A hard toffee with a bit of a medicinal taste.

This Space For Hire

Tonight got a couple bbb from Aldi which were an easy choice as all the craft beers were from the Aldi Dodgy Range. Do they sell this stuff.Probably but not for me.

This Space For Hire

First off
    Dartmoor -jail ale 4.8 this won a gold medal at the international beer awards.The judges should be locked up.Real malt bomb 5.5/10
    mcEwans -champion ale .still a great beer but on the maltier side. definitely cant be confused with a Niepa 7.75/10
    and my last bottle of
    London beer factory -zia. have gotten to like this beer and don't find it as sweet as at first but tend to mix it with any beer that I don't particularly like and don't want to finish .tonight it got mixed with the Jail ale.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Dartmoor -jail ale 4.8 this won a gold medal at the international beer awards.The judges should be locked up.Real malt bomb 5.5/10
    Last time I checked, making a malty beer was not actually a felony, but I can see where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    mcEwans -champion ale .still a great beer but on the maltier side. definitely cant be confused with a Niepa 7.75/10
    Excellent! Glad you liked the super heavy.

Coincidentally, I bought a beer the other day which is a NEIPA, so I might have to borrow your joke and use it the other way around.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

[QUOTE=sheffield hatter;114410]Last time I checked, making a malty beer was not actually a felony, but I can see where you're coming from.
    It should be a felony.The champion was probably as malty but the hops give it fruity flavour that lifts it compared to the Jail ale. Rather see Champion behind bars.
    cheers

Excellent! Glad you liked the super heavy.

Coincidentally, I bought a beer the other day which is a NEIPA, so I might have to borrow your joke and use it the other way aroundQUOTE]

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

A Siren delivery arrived today with a host of beers I've never sampled before.First up......

Siren -- Nitro Cold Blooded

IMG_0043.JPG

Instructed to pour hard and fast,the head sustained and it drank smoothly.This cold steeped Porter cartainly had a mix of chocolate ,coffee and roated flavours but thankfully not too much in your face.The dryness and long finish were the over riding sensations.I've tried a lot of porters recently and this was one of the best .Sessionable at 5% . 8/10
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I too had a beer delivery today, from Vibrant Forest plus a few cans from Dark Revolution also available from their online shop.
    So have made a start with Vibrant Forest Elmo.jpg a dual hopped 6% IPA showcasing El Dorado and Mosaic leading to the rich tropical fruit flavours you would expect from a beer like this. Nice beer. 7.5/10
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Siren -- Calypso

IMG_0044.JPG

Accurately described as a dry hopped sour,I got the notes of citrus from the nose and then the very sharp sour.I don't mind sours but this is true to style and wont suit everybody ! Certainly cleared the palate after the previous porter. 7/10
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson