Ads not shown when logged in
Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 935

Thread: pubs galore bar

  1. #671
    This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Standing at the bar
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Hi Mrs Ale, I had contact with him six months or so ago and he has chosen for various reasons to no longer partake in discussions on the forum anymore, he does still log in and have a look on a regular basis. Personally I think his presence is sadly missed.
    Thanks for that Mick. If he reads this, I wish him well
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

  2. #672
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Locked Down in Hampshire
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I have to disagree Mick, he was hostile and borderline trolling in many posts.
    Abrasive in some maybe but tempered with some good knowledge, never upset me even if I disagreed with a couple of opinions but each to his own.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #673
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Locked Down in Hampshire
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Thanks for that Mick. If he reads this, I wish him well
    He will.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  4. #674
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I have to disagree Mick, he was hostile and borderline trolling in many posts.
    Yes, I think his last post was when RP Adam gave him a ticking off for what I agreed was a pretty nasty attack on people who drink beers like Doom Bar, and suggested that he put a sock in it, to which Aqualung gave a resounding "NO!!!". (Can't be bothered to search for it.)

    He's entitled to an opinion, but the way he was phrasing it was contemptuous, bitter and (as you say, Jim) "hostile and borderline trolling". If he can't control himself, we are better off without.
    Come On You Hatters!

  5. #675
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Yes, I think his last post was when RP Adam gave him a ticking off for what I agreed was a pretty nasty attack on people who drink beers like Doom Bar, and suggested that he put a sock in it, to which Aqualung gave a resounding "NO!!!". (Can't be bothered to search for it.)

    He's entitled to an opinion, but the way he was phrasing it was contemptuous, bitter and (as you say, Jim) "hostile and borderline trolling". If he can't control himself, we are better off without.
    I wondered where he had gone! I must have missed the altercation in question - and I know have an overwhelming desire to read it!


    I am a salmon !!

  6. #676
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I wondered where he had gone! I must have missed the altercation in question - and I now have an overwhelming desire to read it!
    There you go - knock yourself out!
    Come On You Hatters!

  7. #677
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Sadly missed imo.Liked his grumpy take on pubs and beer.You have got to be thick skinned if you want to discuss beery things.Last night my son commented on whatsapp
    Dad(me) is talking nonsense. He is probably wrong but he is allowed his opinion.

  8. #678
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Sadly missed imo.Liked his grumpy take on pubs and beer.
    'Grumpy'? Downright offensive towards the end. Referring to people as 'Proper Twats' and calling the majority of real ale drinkers 'gullible and stupid' is no way to engender a proper discussion, or convert people to your point of view.

    I formed the impression that the doubts about cancer operations being cancelled because of hospitals being overwhelmed by what (apparently) has since turned out to be a fake disease may have caused quite a bit of anxiety which could have made him even less tolerant than his usual self. In better times he was an interesting contributor on this Forum, but I think Richard was right to call him out for what he was writing about the proposed Bass Day. Behaving in a civilised manner is usually better for all of us, I reckon.

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    You have got to be thick skinned if you want to discuss beery things.
    I don't see why, John. It's possible to express your preferences and your reasons for them without making out the other guy to be some sort of low-life. I've talked about the beers I was drinking on here during Lockdown 1 without calling you and Mick 'twats'; I drank some of the beers that others were drinking and if I didn't like them I said so, and why, without calling them 'gullible and stupid'. If you discuss 'beery things' in the pub - sorry, back in the day if you used to discuss 'beery things' in the pub, and you called the other guy a 'Proper Twat' you would probably have got a beer glass in your face; that's the reaction that Aqualung was provoking with his behaviour. If he's in a better place now as regards his health, which I hope is the case, it would be good to see him back here again, if he would be prepared to adhere to the standards everybody else adheres to.
    Come On You Hatters!

  9. #679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Abrasive in some maybe but tempered with some good knowledge, never upset me even if I disagreed with a couple of opinions but each to his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Sadly missed imo.Liked his grumpy take on pubs and beer.You have got to be thick skinned if you want to discuss beery things.Last night my son commented on whatsapp
    Dad(me) is talking nonsense. He is probably wrong but he is allowed his opinion.
    Agree with both of these. Disagreed occasionally but valued his input and miss it.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

  10. #680
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    'Grumpy'? Downright offensive towards the end. Referring to people as 'Proper Twats' and calling the majority of real ale drinkers 'gullible and stupid' is no way to engender a proper discussion, or convert people to your point of view.

    I formed the impression that the doubts about cancer operations being cancelled because of hospitals being overwhelmed by what (apparently) has since turned out to be a fake disease may have caused quite a bit of anxiety which could have made him even less tolerant than his usual self. In better times he was an interesting contributor on this Forum, but I think Richard was right to call him out for what he was writing about the proposed Bass Day. Behaving in a civilised manner is usually better for all of us, I reckon.


    If he's in a better place now as regards his health, which I hope is the case, it would be good to see him back here again, if he would be prepared to adhere to the standards everybody else adheres to.
    I hope that his absence is due to his truculence rather than something else, stomach cancer aside.

Similar Threads

  1. What Pub v Pubs Galore
    By gillhalfpint in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 17-01-2015, 08:22
  2. Pubs Galore App
    By Alesonly in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 12:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •