Ads not shown when logged in
Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post
    A great shame that you’ve had a poor experience but I’d put it more down to the courier than the brewery.
    Yes. But Marble was aware of multiple other problems with delivery. The very nice and gushingly apologetic man on the phone told me that he believed I must think getting another courier would be easy, but apparently not - APC just to warn you. So not even a brewery can organise a p*ss-up in a brewery!

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I know its exciting drinking beers but please wait till you have drank the portion allotted before reviewing.
    Now he tells me...
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Yes. But Marble was aware of multiple other problems with delivery. The very nice and gushingly apologetic man on the phone told me that he believed I must think getting another courier would be easy, but apparently not - APC just to warn you. So not even a brewery can organise a p*ss-up in a brewery!
    All the more for me.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

Default Tonight at Sheffield Hatters Inn

Two of the Welsh beers I got last week from Stori Beers of Bala have been staring piteously at me from the fridge every time I reach for the soya milk. I've been ignoring them, because there's nothing worse than someone who is desperate for you to like them (just look at our prime minister if you don't believe me), but this has gone on for too long and they're taking up room that other, possibly better beers than them, could be occupying, so tonight is their night. Just two beers, because they are both 8.2% and 440ml, or 3.6 units each, which is quite enough for me these days.

Polly's Heavy Moon Double IPA is a single hop IPA brewed with kveik yeast, although on the can it says "kviek". At least mosaic has been spelt correctly, and the blurb also tells me that oats and wheat have been added to the "extra pale" barley malt. Having said which, the beer passed me by in the blink of an eye, which means it's very drinkable - for anyone who's not put off by the WD40 smell that I get from these over-hopped beers. Hey, at least it's not grapefruit all the way down, like some I've had recently. A bitter finish would have been nice, but you can't have everything.

This is the kind of beer that london calling has sworn off this week, if I'm not mistaken. I'm drinking it so you don't have to, John. No need to thank me.

I'm pondering why this one cost £5.90 for a 440ml can, while it's shelf-mate was only £5.40. Only time will tell.

...and here we are at the start of the second half, and would you believe it - Polly's have come out with the same bloody beer following the half time team talk. OK, it says Polly's Fallow Plans Double IPA, and it's hopped with a combination of citra, eldorado, mosaic and simcoe, and there's no mention of yeast types on this can, but otherwise I'd swear it's the same beer. WD40? Yes. Murk? Yes. Sweet taste like fruit juice? Yes. Bitter finish? Bitter what? Are you joking? No, of course it hasn't got a bitter finish. Easy drinking? Now you're talking. Actually, it's probably got a little more depth of fruit juice than the other beer. Hints of different fruits, perhaps. I'm no expert.

I reckon these two beers should count towards my five a day. No, not five beers. Five portions of fruit and vegetables.

Next up, blind tastings of various combinations of fruit smoothies, vodka and just a dash of WD40.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Two of the Welsh beers I got last week from Stori Beers of Bala have been staring piteously at me from the fridge every time I reach for the soya milk. I've been ignoring them, because there's nothing worse than someone who is desperate for you to like them (just look at our prime minister if you don't believe me), but this has gone on for too long and they're taking up room that other, possibly better beers than them, could be occupying, so tonight is their night. Just two beers, because they are both 8.2% and 440ml, or 3.6 units each, which is quite enough for me these days.

Polly's Heavy Moon Double IPA is a single hop IPA brewed with kveik yeast, although on the can it says "kviek". At least mosaic has been spelt correctly, and the blurb also tells me that oats and wheat have been added to the "extra pale" barley malt. Having said which, the beer passed me by in the blink of an eye, which means it's very drinkable - for anyone who's not put off by the WD40 smell that I get from these over-hopped beers. Hey, at least it's not grapefruit all the way down, like some I've had recently. A bitter finish would have been nice, but you can't have everything.

This is the kind of beer that london calling has sworn off this week, if I'm not mistaken. I'm drinking it so you don't have to, John. No need to thank me.

I'm pondering why this one cost £5.90 for a 440ml can, while it's shelf-mate was only £5.40. Only time will tell.

...and here we are at the start of the second half, and would you believe it - Polly's have come out with the same bloody beer following the half time team talk. OK, it says Polly's Fallow Plans Double IPA, and it's hopped with a combination of citra, eldorado, mosaic and simcoe, and there's no mention of yeast types on this can, but otherwise I'd swear it's the same beer. WD40? Yes. Murk? Yes. Sweet taste like fruit juice? Yes. Bitter finish? Bitter what? Are you joking? No, of course it hasn't got a bitter finish. Easy drinking? Now you're talking. Actually, it's probably got a little more depth of fruit juice than the other beer. Hints of different fruits, perhaps. I'm no expert.

I reckon these two beers should count towards my five a day. No, not five beers. Five portions of fruit and vegetables.

Next up, blind tastings of various combinations of fruit smoothies, vodka and just a dash of WD40.
    Had two beers from that lot.One was from Loka Polly but they had to change their name to Pollys.Both fruity,total murk and loads of citrus hops.Both smashing beers. Looks like they are sticking to a winning formula.

Default Last gasp before Independence Day?

In the hope that the next beer that I will try will be a pint of cask-fresh Harveys no later than noon tomorrow in a real life pub, I am making do with these two take-outs from the local Brumaison micro-brewery: the 3.6% BB (Best Bitter) and 4.5% single-hop Bullion (both of which I must say are tasting very good too).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200703_195654s.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	628.0 KB 
ID:	2455

Just finished tonight's sesh at the "Beggar Maker Arms", Roosters Yankee, Augustiner Helles and Leffe Bruin, hopefully my next drink will be in a proper pub.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    In the hope that the next beer that I will try will be a pint of cask-fresh Harveys no later than noon tomorrow in a real life pub...
    Target missed by three minutes, but I think I'll still count it a hit in the circumstances!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

After much praise in these pages for this brewery, I decided to get the mixed box and see for myself...
    tins.jpg
    box.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    After much praise in these pages for this brewery, I decided to get the mixed box and see for myself...
    tins.jpg
    box.jpg
    We await the verdict.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields