Ads not shown when logged in
Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Also had Siren -pompencello a grapefruit sour ipa.Sure I drank this when it first came out and it wasn't a sour.Must be wrong .Drain pour even with 2 teaspoons of sweetner 3/10

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Drinking this now,very sharp and very grapefruity, don't mind a sour now and again but ones enough.6/10.
    Attachment 2385
    Sorry I missed you guys in the bar the last couple of nights.

I don't mind grapefruit flavours as such, it's when the whole beer is about grapefruit that I start to get eloquent (see http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...ght=grapefruit #317 - Pentrich Barricades). I had one of the beers I bought from Williams Brothers a couple of nights back: Splitting Seeds IPA 5.7%. This is quite clearly a beer first and grapefruit second. Whereas the Pentrich beer does not taste even remotely like a beer. Hope I'm making myself clear, as the promised eloquence seems a little recalcitrant. Perhaps I need a beer.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Sorry I missed you guys in the bar the last couple of nights.

I don't mind grapefruit flavours as such, it's when the whole beer is about grapefruit that I start to get eloquent (see http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...ght=grapefruit #317 - Pentrich Barricades). I had one of the beers I bought from Williams Brothers a couple of nights back: Splitting Seeds IPA 5.7%. This is quite clearly a beer first and grapefruit second. Whereas the Pentrich beer does not taste even remotely like a beer. Hope I'm making myself clear, as the promised eloquence seems a little recalcitrant. Perhaps I need a beer.
    Yes, I think, you like a well structured beer, possibly with a strong malt backbone overlayed with subtle flavours, if you buy a beer you don't want to be drinking fruit Juice.
    Am I close?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Yes, I think, you like a well structured beer, possibly with a strong malt backbone overlayed with subtle flavours, if you buy a beer you don't want to be drinking fruit Juice.
    Am I close?
    That's about right. The beers I keep coming back to would certainly be well structured. Balanced is another word I tend to use a lot. The opposite would be hop forward, which is a hipster term that I see as a warning. Too many beers nowadays taste like there's no malt in them; "strong malt backbone" might appear in the blurb on the can, but it'll never bother your tastebuds.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Walked down to Kew bridge station tonight and was going to get a train to Barnes as there is a pub selling draught beer but noticed the Express was doing the same,.Had 3 pints of keg in plastic glasses and drank them down the alleyway next to the pub .Rested my beer on a big concrete block and was soon joined by 3 others.Drinking like a wino now.Great laugh and just reinforces why I go to pubs.New beers from Siren,Big Smoke and Deviant and Dandy were all 7.5 /10 and decent without being great.

My latest online beer order from Beautiful Beers:

Uerige Alt Bier 4.7% 330ml £3.95
    Fruh Kolsch 4.8% 500ml £2.75
    Ayinger Fruhlingsbier Spring Pale Ale 5.5% 500ml £2.95
    La Trappe Bockbier 7% 33cl £2.95
    Grimbergen Brune Optimo 10% 33cl £4.45
    Bornem Tripel 9% 33cl £3.55
    Averbode Abbey Triple 7.5% 33cl £3.25

Two of each, so total came to £47.70, but it's free delivery for orders over £45. I'm pretty sure these are all beers I've never had before, so I'll be sure to let you know how I get on.
    Come On You Hatters!

Had 3 pints of keg in plastic glasses and drank them down the alleyway next to the pub .Rested my beer on a big concrete block and was soon joined by 3 others.Drinking like a wino now.Great laugh and just reinforces why I go to pubs.
    Sounds great. Hope you all kept your distance!
    Come On You Hatters!

Default Supplies received

Three 5-litre mini-kegs / mini-casks (not sure which) from Pig & Porter now in the emergency cellar...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200604_184645s.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	248.0 KB 
ID:	2392
    4.3% Stone Free pale, 4.5% Gone So Fast amber ale and 4.8% Red Spider rye. £50 delivered. Result!

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Three 5-litre mini-kegs / mini-casks (not sure which) from Pig & Porter now in the emergency cellar...

4.3% Stone Free pale, 4.5% Gone So Fast amber ale and 4.8% Red Spider rye. £50 delivered. Result!
    Bargain!
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Sounds great. Hope you all kept your distance!
    Yeah but more the 1 metre than the 2.

This Space For Hire

Drinking like a wino now...
    Been drinking like a wino for weeks now...

Meantime London Pale, BrewDog Punk IPA, Dark Star Session IPA, Five Points Pale and Hammerton N1 on the menu for the short future - wouldn't appeal to winos.