Ads not shown when logged in
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 516

Thread: pubs galore bar

  1. #381
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Also had Siren -pompencello a grapefruit sour ipa.Sure I drank this when it first came out and it wasn't a sour.Must be wrong .Drain pour even with 2 teaspoons of sweetner 3/10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Drinking this now,very sharp and very grapefruity, don't mind a sour now and again but ones enough.6/10.
    Attachment 2385
    Sorry I missed you guys in the bar the last couple of nights.

    I don't mind grapefruit flavours as such, it's when the whole beer is about grapefruit that I start to get eloquent (see http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...ght=grapefruit #317 - Pentrich Barricades). I had one of the beers I bought from Williams Brothers a couple of nights back: Splitting Seeds IPA 5.7%. This is quite clearly a beer first and grapefruit second. Whereas the Pentrich beer does not taste even remotely like a beer. Hope I'm making myself clear, as the promised eloquence seems a little recalcitrant. Perhaps I need a beer.
    Come On You Hatters!

  2. #382
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Sorry I missed you guys in the bar the last couple of nights.

    I don't mind grapefruit flavours as such, it's when the whole beer is about grapefruit that I start to get eloquent (see http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...ght=grapefruit #317 - Pentrich Barricades). I had one of the beers I bought from Williams Brothers a couple of nights back: Splitting Seeds IPA 5.7%. This is quite clearly a beer first and grapefruit second. Whereas the Pentrich beer does not taste even remotely like a beer. Hope I'm making myself clear, as the promised eloquence seems a little recalcitrant. Perhaps I need a beer.
    Yes, I think, you like a well structured beer, possibly with a strong malt backbone overlayed with subtle flavours, if you buy a beer you don't want to be drinking fruit Juice.
    Am I close?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #383
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Yes, I think, you like a well structured beer, possibly with a strong malt backbone overlayed with subtle flavours, if you buy a beer you don't want to be drinking fruit Juice.
    Am I close?
    That's about right. The beers I keep coming back to would certainly be well structured. Balanced is another word I tend to use a lot. The opposite would be hop forward, which is a hipster term that I see as a warning. Too many beers nowadays taste like there's no malt in them; "strong malt backbone" might appear in the blurb on the can, but it'll never bother your tastebuds.
    Come On You Hatters!

  4. #384
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    Walked down to Kew bridge station tonight and was going to get a train to Barnes as there is a pub selling draught beer but noticed the Express was doing the same,.Had 3 pints of keg in plastic glasses and drank them down the alleyway next to the pub .Rested my beer on a big concrete block and was soon joined by 3 others.Drinking like a wino now.Great laugh and just reinforces why I go to pubs.New beers from Siren,Big Smoke and Deviant and Dandy were all 7.5 /10 and decent without being great.

  5. #385
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    My latest online beer order from Beautiful Beers:


    Uerige Alt Bier 4.7% 330ml £3.95
    Fruh Kolsch 4.8% 500ml £2.75
    Ayinger Fruhlingsbier Spring Pale Ale 5.5% 500ml £2.95
    La Trappe Bockbier 7% 33cl £2.95
    Grimbergen Brune Optimo 10% 33cl £4.45
    Bornem Tripel 9% 33cl £3.55
    Averbode Abbey Triple 7.5% 33cl £3.25

    Two of each, so total came to £47.70, but it's free delivery for orders over £45. I'm pretty sure these are all beers I've never had before, so I'll be sure to let you know how I get on.
    Come On You Hatters!

  6. #386
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Had 3 pints of keg in plastic glasses and drank them down the alleyway next to the pub .Rested my beer on a big concrete block and was soon joined by 3 others.Drinking like a wino now.Great laugh and just reinforces why I go to pubs.
    Sounds great. Hope you all kept your distance!
    Come On You Hatters!

  7. #387
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,752

    Default Supplies received

    Three 5-litre mini-kegs / mini-casks (not sure which) from Pig & Porter now in the emergency cellar...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200604_184645s.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	248.0 KB 
ID:	2392
    4.3% Stone Free pale, 4.5% Gone So Fast amber ale and 4.8% Red Spider rye. £50 delivered. Result!

  8. #388
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Three 5-litre mini-kegs / mini-casks (not sure which) from Pig & Porter now in the emergency cellar...

    4.3% Stone Free pale, 4.5% Gone So Fast amber ale and 4.8% Red Spider rye. £50 delivered. Result!
    Bargain!
    Come On You Hatters!

  9. #389
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Sounds great. Hope you all kept your distance!
    Yeah but more the 1 metre than the 2.

  10. #390
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Drinking like a wino now...
    Been drinking like a wino for weeks now...

    Meantime London Pale, BrewDog Punk IPA, Dark Star Session IPA, Five Points Pale and Hammerton N1 on the menu for the short future - wouldn't appeal to winos.

Similar Threads

  1. What Pub v Pubs Galore
    By gillhalfpint in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 17-01-2015, 08:22
  2. Pubs Galore App
    By Alesonly in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 12:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •