Ads not shown when logged in
Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    It was back to The Bridge End Inn today for another takeaway.
    Nice to be in a pub seeing the handpumps used (Two metres away!).
    The Rudgate B B Bitter was very pleasant but the East London Pale was, and still is, pure magic in a glass.

At £2.50 per pint it competes quite well with the local supermarkets (Except Aldi!)
    Do you think cask taken away in containers is still like cask in a pub.My son got me some from Fullers micobrewer in growlers about a year ago and it was in shit condition(the beer wasn't great either) but it was flat as a pancake and just ugly looking in the glass.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Luckily for me my wife doesn't drink, so I get to use her credits as well as my own.
    Mine too.So on it again tonight.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Managed find an Order of Faith at my local Morrisons, but not the other two. Was going to do a taste test, to see if I came anywhere near your scores, John. I picked up a few more anyway, since I was there, and I'll have a go at some of them maybe tomorrow and Monday. One of them's the Allendale Wanderlust that I liked when I did a blind tasting a couple of weeks ago, so I got another Allendale for comparison: Dirty Deeds. Also Five Summers from Harbour, Cannonball from Magic Rock, and Ridgeside Objects in Space. (The last named, and the Northern Monk, are in 44cl cans and cost £3.00 each, while the other four were on a 4 for £6 offer, but I expect they've got lots of expensive hops in them to justify the premium price.)
    Had Canonball a few times good beer .The rest i haven't seen.Went in Morrissons this morning and the craft beers were wiped out.

This Space For Hire

Morrisons again as I went into Tesco yesterday .Big queue but got in after 15 mins feeling very smug.Picked up 6 of the £3 beers including a couple of new ones . Then found the queue to get out was about an hour even the self checkouts of which they there as 6 but only two were working.Had to leave the beers behind also my humous and corn bread.

This Space For Hire

Got 4 x 330ml Brewdog -dead pony 6/10 didn't enjoy it much .Tastes a bit old school .(brewdog old school?)
    also 4 x 330 ml Vocation -life and death 7.5/10 thankfully I mixed them to make the Brewdog more palatable.
    Where has Auqualung gone.

This Space For Hire

Thought I had drank all my beers but my wife came into my den and said get that tin off the window ledge you have just painted it.Full tin of Life and Death.Result.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Thought I had drank all my beers but my wife came into my den and said get that tin off the window ledge you have just painted it.Full tin of Life and Death.Result.
    Nice one!
    Come On You Hatters!

Finally off the wagon after 2 months off (last beer 18th March here). Have loved all the 'indoor' reviews, especially those of John and Will.

Off the mark with 330ml cans of Vocation Life & Death (4 for £7 in our local Co-Op) which the other half had bought in a while back. Damn, they drink easier than a 6.5%...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Do you think cask taken away in containers is still like cask in a pub.My son got me some from Fullers micobrewer in growlers about a year ago and it was in shit condition(the beer wasn't great either) but it was flat as a pancake and just ugly looking in the glass.
    Well, shit condition wouldn't describe all the takeaway cask beers I've had in lockdown. But they certainly haven't been as good as beers from those same pubs that have been drunk in a glass on the premises in days gone by.

I've been meaning to go to the Kelham Island Tavern and the Fat Cat, which have only recently started doing takeaway, in the hope that their beers might be better. It could be that just putting the beer in a plastic container and then walking home is enough to take the condition out. Anyway, I was going to go this afternoon, but then it started to rain so I didn't. Not too bothered, I've got enough beers in bottles to survive the next three months, I reckon.
    Come On You Hatters!

Of course drinking any beer at home is not like drinking in a pub. I drink cans at home, but to me the cask is better. It goes down better. The beer today was superb.
    I thought you southerners preferred your beer without "A great northern creamy head!"