Ads not shown when logged in
Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Both the new beers I tried were from North brewery and very good
    Sputnick -7..75
    lost cosmonauts -8.0
    Lost Cosmonaughts will almost certainly be my BOTW, Had one Monday and another tonight, an excellent beer.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Lost Cosmonaughts will almost certainly be my BOTW, Had one Monday and another tonight, an excellent beer.
    Yes I really enjoyed mine,I think I found it in Tescos
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Bought 4 kiddie cans of Brooklyn Defender IPA 5.5%.

Shan't be bothering again as they really don't stand up to either Vocation or Brewdog, but I've still got 2 cans left.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Bought 4 kiddie cans of Brooklyn Defender IPA 5.5%.

Shan't be bothering again as they really don't stand up to either Vocation or Brewdog, but I've still got 2 cans left.
    Mix them with something dark.Black ipa is good. I mixed thornebridge -Jamestown and vocation -life and death last week and thought it was a better beer than seperately

https://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org...tm_content=TMQ

The bugger (no pun intended) has copied the idea from us. Maybe. Probably not, but why let the truth get in the way of a good accusation of plagiarism?
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    https://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org...tm_content=TMQ

The bugger (no pun intended) has copied the idea from us. Maybe. Probably not, but why let the truth get in the way of a good accusation of plagiarism?
    I took part in an online 'pub quiz' courtesy of the Somers Town History Society (the area around Euston/St. Pancras) via MyQuiz and with audio/visuals by Zoom. Quite good, but you can't have teams and it's multiple choice.

Default Tonight at Sheffield Hatters Inn

I picked up a couple of American cans at the Dram Shop the other day: Two Roads Honeyspot Road IPA 6.0% and Firestone Walker Luponic Distortion IPA Series #14 5.9%. Neither of them gave any clues about the hops in the blurb, apart from the promise around the top of the Firestone can of "hints" of white grape, mandarin orange and passion fruit. I bought these when in an experimental state of mind, you have to imagine, because normally any mention of those three fruits in a beer would have me moving swiftly on to the next can on the shelf.

I started with the Two Roads. I don't like honey in beer, so I had convinced myself that Honeyspot was just a play on words for sweet spot, and so it proved. The beer, poured into an oversize wine glass (thanks for the tip, Mobyduck #10), looked and smelled like grapefruit juice, and it drank rather like a weak ditto, perhaps with soda water (slightly overcarbonated). I can remember drinking something of the sort when taking a doctor's advice regarding antibiotics a little too seriously a few decades ago. This one had alcohol in it, of course, and it was quite a pleasant drink (no doubt helped by the softening effect of the wheat, mentioned in the blurb on the website) but not so pleasurable that I was making a note of the name for my next visit to the Dram Shop.

This left me with the grape/mandarin/passion concoction. Really, do I have to? Oh all right then. It poured as clear as a clear glass of something clear on a sunny day. Very pale, anyway, and yellow. And giving away nothing that I could pick up on the nose. (I could smell grapefruit in the first beer, so I hadn't gone suddenly snoof, had I? No, this must be subtlety.) But the first taste was knock-out bitter orange marmalade. What happened to all those sweet fruits I'd been threatened with? Oh, dry white wine-type grapes. Oh, I see, bitter mandarin orange pith. Oh, bitter, under-ripe passion fruit, the ones that get rejected before being shipped to the UK. What? Anyway, distinctly bitter, well balanced and definitely more-ish (and not too gassy, which helps). £3.20 for 12 US fluid ounces = £5.12 a pint.

(Sorry, Mick. You wouldn't like this one.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    (Sorry, Mick. You wouldn't like this one.)
    I'll try almost anything once.
    I'm quite impressed with your current experimental mode.
    -W.C.Fields

Just a bottle of the consistent and reliable Oakham Citra tonight.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I'm quite impressed with your current experimental mode.
    Thank you!
    Come On You Hatters!