Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Don't anyone tell the Portman Group!
    whisper it quietly, I had two children's sized cans tonight; to ease the pain in my bad back you understand

Tonight it was a half of scrumpy that the vendor may have called The Pledge, if I heard them correctly; and to the untutored palate it might resemble a cloudy, if pleasingly piquant, apple juice...

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I got a call today saying my op was cancelled so I'm back on the Big Milk Stout & Roaster Coaster from Tesco. It's just as well I had stockpiled it!
    They left it a bit late telling you didn't they.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Today: bought two crates of beer from Fine Tuned, put one bottle in every room in the house.

Tomorrow: pub crawl.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    They left it a bit late telling you didn't they.
    The only reason I heard was because one of the nurses took the results of a cardiac test I did yesterday to the anaesthetist (I had to paste that word!) and he told her it had been cancelled. It would have been much, much worse if I had gone through all the prep and got turned away at 07:00am. I was told in advance it might get cancelled if there were no beds.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    ...put one bottle in every room in the house.

... pub crawl.
    Like it!
    Come On You Hatters!

Default Last night at the Sheffield Hatter's Inn

Three interesting bottles last night: another one from Art Brew: described as a Ginger & Chilli IPA 6%, there wasn't much of an IPA about it, and it wasn't in very good coindition. Better was the Deep Inside Porter 6% by La Pirata brewery in Barcelona. Some complex flavours, with chocolate to the fore, and in very good condition. Finally, my first bottle of Black Sheep Imperial Russian 8.5%, which didn't taste as strong as the label says, but I'm not arguing. Comparatively easy drinking for its type, and perhaps not as tasty as I'd been hoping, but maybe my taste buds had taken a bit of a hammering.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Four cans of punk IPA, four cans of Elvis Juice, and eight cans of Vocation Life and Death in for tomorrow. £18 for the lot gathered in Eston Cleveland Tesco yesterday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Three interesting bottles last night: another one from Art Brew: described as a Ginger & Chilli IPA 6%, there wasn't much of an IPA about it, and it wasn't in very good coindition. Better was the Deep Inside Porter 6% by La Pirata brewery in Barcelona. Some complex flavours, with chocolate to the fore, and in very good condition. Finally, my first bottle of Black Sheep Imperial Russian 8.5%, which didn't taste as strong as the label says, but I'm not arguing. Comparatively easy drinking for its type, and perhaps not as tasty as I'd been hoping, but maybe my taste buds had taken a bit of a hammering.
    If you had the Ginger & Chilli first, I'm not surprised your taste buds were shot.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Four cans of punk IPA, four cans of Elvis Juice, and eight cans of Vocation Life and Death in for tomorrow. £18 for the lot gathered in Eston Cleveland Tesco yesterday morning.
    That won't be enough! I'd go back and get some Roaster Coaster and Mr President just in case, as much as you can carry!