Ads not shown when logged in
Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire

Vocation Imperial Stout stash being tucked in to! (48 cans to get through). Maybe early but I was up at 4:00 for training at 6:00.

Default Everyone down the pub!

I've been in a pub today!

It's all right, no one was breaking the law. Off-sales only. The Gardeners Rest, which initially closed with (most of) the rest on 20 March (some set up take out services), has had a re-think about all the untapped barrels in their cellar. An email was sent out this week to all shareholders (it's a community-owned pub), inviting us to come on down this weekend, when two beers per day are available to take out at just £2 a pint. I was there this afternoon and bought four pints of Joules Slumbering Monk 4.5%. Potential customers have to queue (two metres apart) on the pavement outside, with one person at a time entering the pub and paying for their beer with contactless payment. (Service is not limited to shareholders, it's just the publicity that's limited. If it spreads by word of mouth, more beer gets sold. But they don't want hundreds of people all turning up at the same time. Just three hours per day: Sat 3-6, Sun 12-3. Maybe Mon.)

Happy days!
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Vocation Imperial Stout stash being tucked in to! (48 cans to get through). Maybe early but I was up at 4:00 for training at 6:00.
    Managed to find 4 cans of Vocation Life & Death in Tescos which was a useful top up during my increasingly rare visits to buy essential provisions.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Managed to find 4 cans of Vocation Life & Death in Tescos which was a useful top up during my increasingly rare visits to buy essential provisions.
    Beer is essential provisions and you should tell anyone who says otherwise where to go! I've just about given up on the big Tesco as the queues and the increasingly unreliable buses are a real pain. I'm getting a double order (96 bottles) from ELB next week. Tesco Express is a bit dearer but not travelling and not going to the pub (JDW excepted) is saving me a fortune.

Just slipped down a BrewDog Indie,a new one on me and decently bitter without going over the top.A winner 4.2% 8/10

2020-04-11 18.52.38.jpg

Welcome to Saturday night in the Pubs Galore Bar! (It is Saturday, isn't it?)

For my first pint, I'm finishing off the container of Joules Slumbering Monk that I bought at the Gardeners Rest yesterday.

OK, two pints, then. Cheers!
    Come On You Hatters!

Next one up .. 6 Degrees North Hopclassic Belgian IPA (cant find the degree symbol on my keyboard )

Bit of poke at 6.6%,bottle says notes of apricot and citrus but I get a nettle thing,deep bitterness and a nose like bottled White Shield of old.Interesting 8/102020-04-11 19.31.04.jpg

Bottle conditioned so unusually for me I poured with care.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 11-04-2020 at 19:50.

Just on my third Langport Bitter. I', a bit concerned that the Brewery isn't delivering next week, so I might I have to dip into the back of the cupboard in my workshop where there are some miscellaneous old bottles from the local Spar shop. Mostly Hibgoblin, Goram and Spitfire, I think.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Just on my third Langport Bitter. I', a bit concerned that the Brewery isn't delivering next week, so I might I have to dip into the back of the cupboard in my workshop where there are some miscellaneous old bottles from the local Spar shop. Mostly Hibgoblin, Goram and Spitfire, I think.
    Have you been doing another of your pub crawls? Typing has gone to pot!

Hibgoblin I can understand. Never come across Goram before. Ah, it's Butcombe! (Handy for a hairy arse, as LC had it.) You seem to have a well-stocked Spar.
    Come On You Hatters!

Whoops, big thumbs, small keyboard, can't find specs.

And that ruddy Malinois has just helped herself to half a pint of bitter.

Not many people use the Spar, because they'd prefer to queue at the Co-Op. Yesterday the Spar had 5 different bottled ales, and no queue. The Co-Op, though, had 3 ales at £1.60, but it took over half an hour to buy them. Now it's Summer, though, I might start drinking cider from the local cider mill at around £1.20 a pint.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.