Ads not shown when logged in
Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Received a delivery from Laithwaites this week to keep Ms Camra in red wine.

Had a couple of glasses of Cab Sauv from Moldova. Never had a wine from Moldova before, it's pretty good as well (like almost all Lathwaites wines).

We have another 5 bottles of that one. so I'll definitely be having more.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

ELB are sending me 24x500ml bottles of Quadrant Stout at what seems a very good price of £55.00. Other than that it's Punk, Jaipur and Vocation from the nearby Tesco Express as the queue at the big Tesco has become ridiculous.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Fighting talk!

We beat them 5-2 at the Manor Ground that season, then 7-4 at Kenilworth Road. We also played them in the semi-final of the League Cup (over two legs): 1-1 at their place, then 2-0 at home. (We beat Arsenal in the final 3-2.)
    I am too young to remember the League cup .

This Space For Hire

Getting towards the dregs of the cellar now - tonight's was Isle of Wight Garlic Beer (brewed by Yates and actually not bad). Mainly over 8% stuff left, apart from the 'special' bottles. Might be forced to requisition supplies from Big Smoke, who deliver locally.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I am too young to remember the League cup .
    The League Cup has been competed for every year since 1960, it's just not always had that name. See this for details. At the time the Hatters won it, it was called the Littlewoods Cup.
    Come On You Hatters!

Default Last night at the Sheffield Hatter's Inn

Last night I was watching a performance of One Man, Two Guvnors on youtube, accompanied by a couple of beers. It was hilarious - haven't laughed so much for years. By comparison, I barely noticed the beers I was drinking.

Bad Co x Wilde Child Tectonic is a 10.5% imperial stout, but it was a bit too gassy for me, and I had to pour it from one glass to another to release some of the bubbles. A bit too sweet too, with not much at all in the way of depth or complexity.

Next was Tollgate Old Rasputin 4.9%, a porter which I have had in a pub from the cask, but I think this bottled version was actually better. It's bottle conditioned, which can have variable results, but this one, which had been sitting on top of my fridge since Saturday afternoon, was somehow in perfect condition.
    Come On You Hatters!

We usually pop out for a few drinks on a Tuesday night in normal world, so I think we shall be calling in at the bar tonight.

Picked up some Bad Co. beers today brewed exclusively for Asda. American IPA 5.2 % and West Coast Pale Ale 5.6%.

Very reasonable at £1.25 for a 330ml can.

Ms Camra will no doubt be starting off on a can of cider and then some red wine.

I'll report back on the Bad Co. beers later or maybe tomorrow.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 07-04-2020 at 16:02.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    We usually pop out for a few drinks on a Tuesday night in normal world, so I think we shall be calling in at the bar tonight.

Picked up some Bad Co. beers today brewed exclusively for Asda. American IPA 5.2 % and West Coast Pale Ale 5.6%.

Very reasonable at £1.25 for a 330ml can.

Ms Camra will no doubt be starting off on a can of cider and then some red wine.

I'll report back on the Bad Co. beers later or maybe tomorrow.
    Enjoyed both of them. The American IPA has some malt taste in it, but still came across as hoppy.

West Coast Pale was more of a hop bomb, but still with a hint of malt.

Both were very slightly hazy. I'll definitely buy some more.

Default Last night at the Sheffield Hatter's Inn

I'd bought another can of Abbeydale Deliverance at the Dram Shop on Saturday, previously drunk on 23 March, so I must have liked it. Also on the menu last night was Wilde Child Righteous Indignation, a 7.4% New England IPA. Not my favourite style of beer, but variety is the spice of life, apparently.

Yesterday a delivery from local Stancill Brewery arrived: a three litre bag-in-a-box of their very good 4.4% porter. £15 for just over five pints, with free local delivery. I'll be tapping that one today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come On You Hatters!

Stocked up for the bank holiday weekend, which I'm sure will be very busy in the Boots (aka my garage = Public Bar or the front room = Saloon Bar), today I had a delivery of two mini-kegs of Rudgate Ruby Mild (the neighbours have commented on how often a Rudgate van comes up our quiet cul-de-sac). Also got a few slabs from Roosters due tomorrow.

I've been making room in the cellar (aka my garage), tonight with a few bottles left from the last Beer Hawk box, Hawkshead - Red, Camden - Pale, Six Degrees North - Belgian IPA and O'Brother/White Hag - Moonlight Maze. The last of which would be a "sinker" if times weren't so hard . Actually that Irish stuff was so bad I had to have a Baby Faced Assassin to take the taste away.