Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I used to see see Riggwelter quite often.......in the Brewery Visitors Centre
    I would be envious if it weren't for the obvious fact that that too is currently closed. (I've fixed it for you. )
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It appears that this is a response to Old Peculier. To me it's much better. I don't seem to see it much on cask any more.
    I like Old Peculier too, but I'm not impressed with the bottled version. The cask version has a complexity of flavour, whereas in bottle the sweetness dominates. Riggwelter from the bottle is pretty good, though. (Especially with the loose head that I got from glugging it into my old Y&J glass.)

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Theakstons Best is extremely sweet compared to Black Sheep Bitter, that is probably why the locals prefer the Theakstons version.
    I've given up on Theakstons Best. In recent years I've had so many dire attempts by useless licensees that I won't waste my money on it. I would only drink it now (if only the pubs were open) mixed with OP to make XB. (Two parts best with one OP.)
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

Followed up with the first of my Black Sheep Riggwelters, ...but in fact Riggwelter is a much drier beer than the other two, which have a bit of sweetness about them. I enjoyed this one - I might have another tonight!
    I used to have a stash of Riggwelters,must replenish in due course. Rigg was frequently found and enjoyed on my Autumnal forages around the Dales, but seemed to be less available of late.. Can't say that I came across.T'Old Tup, but I recall making Dent Aviator my BOTW a few years back.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    I used to have a stash of Riggwelters,must replenish in due course. Rigg was frequently found and enjoyed on my Autumnal forages around the Dales, but seemed to be less available of late.. Can't say that I came across.T'Old Tup, but I recall making Dent Aviator my BOTW a few years back.
    Try here, next time you're up north. Lovely pub in a very nice village and a beautiful valley. If things ever go back to normal.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Try here, next time you're up north. Lovely pub in a very nice village and a beautiful valley. If things ever go back to normal.
    On my list,having walked past it ,having already eaten and drank at The Old Hill Inn where I experienced Aviator.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Evening all,so who's drinking what ?

Just had a back of the cupboard bottle conditioned Marston Pedigree.2020-04-04 18.06.13.jpg

There was no Burton Snatch,just a malty nose and there was a distinct tinny taste on drinking.Indestinct bitterness and overall just bland despite decent carbonation and a good head.I took a look at the dregs and could see no sign of any bottle conditioning .Although the label mentioned the Burton Union system,there was nothing special here 4/10.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Just had a Doombar.Slightly skunked taste.Good head on pouring but gone within a minute.Surprised its in a clear bottle.A no-no for beer.Quite liked it .Brewed in Burton.7/10

There's a bottle of Adnams Ghost Ship and a bottle of TT Landlord available in the cupboard.

Why is the Landlord only 4.1% in bottle? Hadn't noticed that before. It's 4.3% on cask.

Vocation Pride & Joy & Life and Death in cans also likely to be on the list.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

Then had a Two Tribes -session ipa 3.8 lots of flavour for the strength but a bit harsh.Only one on PG to have visited the brewery tap.Where you can find better beers but keg and card only.

Started a couple of hours ago, with a bottle of Jaipur,them Knocked the abv average down a bit with a tin of Magic Rock Saucerer then upped it again with a can of Vocation Life & Death, now a brief interlude but I can hear Elvis Juice calling from the Fridge.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields