Ads not shown when logged in
Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Hi Mrs Ale, I had contact with him six months or so ago and he has chosen for various reasons to no longer partake in discussions on the forum anymore, he does still log in and have a look on a regular basis. Personally I think his presence is sadly missed.
    Thanks for that Mick. If he reads this, I wish him well
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I have to disagree Mick, he was hostile and borderline trolling in many posts.
    Abrasive in some maybe but tempered with some good knowledge, never upset me even if I disagreed with a couple of opinions but each to his own.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Thanks for that Mick. If he reads this, I wish him well
    He will.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I have to disagree Mick, he was hostile and borderline trolling in many posts.
    Yes, I think his last post was when RP Adam gave him a ticking off for what I agreed was a pretty nasty attack on people who drink beers like Doom Bar, and suggested that he put a sock in it, to which Aqualung gave a resounding "NO!!!". (Can't be bothered to search for it.)

He's entitled to an opinion, but the way he was phrasing it was contemptuous, bitter and (as you say, Jim) "hostile and borderline trolling". If he can't control himself, we are better off without.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Yes, I think his last post was when RP Adam gave him a ticking off for what I agreed was a pretty nasty attack on people who drink beers like Doom Bar, and suggested that he put a sock in it, to which Aqualung gave a resounding "NO!!!". (Can't be bothered to search for it.)

He's entitled to an opinion, but the way he was phrasing it was contemptuous, bitter and (as you say, Jim) "hostile and borderline trolling". If he can't control himself, we are better off without.
    I wondered where he had gone! I must have missed the altercation in question - and I know have an overwhelming desire to read it!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I wondered where he had gone! I must have missed the altercation in question - and I now have an overwhelming desire to read it!
    There you go - knock yourself out!
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Sadly missed imo.Liked his grumpy take on pubs and beer.You have got to be thick skinned if you want to discuss beery things.Last night my son commented on whatsapp
    Dad(me) is talking nonsense. He is probably wrong but he is allowed his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Sadly missed imo.Liked his grumpy take on pubs and beer.
    'Grumpy'? Downright offensive towards the end. Referring to people as 'Proper Twats' and calling the majority of real ale drinkers 'gullible and stupid' is no way to engender a proper discussion, or convert people to your point of view.

I formed the impression that the doubts about cancer operations being cancelled because of hospitals being overwhelmed by what (apparently) has since turned out to be a fake disease may have caused quite a bit of anxiety which could have made him even less tolerant than his usual self. In better times he was an interesting contributor on this Forum, but I think Richard was right to call him out for what he was writing about the proposed Bass Day. Behaving in a civilised manner is usually better for all of us, I reckon.

You have got to be thick skinned if you want to discuss beery things.
    I don't see why, John. It's possible to express your preferences and your reasons for them without making out the other guy to be some sort of low-life. I've talked about the beers I was drinking on here during Lockdown 1 without calling you and Mick 'twats'; I drank some of the beers that others were drinking and if I didn't like them I said so, and why, without calling them 'gullible and stupid'. If you discuss 'beery things' in the pub - sorry, back in the day if you used to discuss 'beery things' in the pub, and you called the other guy a 'Proper Twat' you would probably have got a beer glass in your face; that's the reaction that Aqualung was provoking with his behaviour. If he's in a better place now as regards his health, which I hope is the case, it would be good to see him back here again, if he would be prepared to adhere to the standards everybody else adheres to.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Abrasive in some maybe but tempered with some good knowledge, never upset me even if I disagreed with a couple of opinions but each to his own.
    Sadly missed imo.Liked his grumpy take on pubs and beer.You have got to be thick skinned if you want to discuss beery things.Last night my son commented on whatsapp
    Dad(me) is talking nonsense. He is probably wrong but he is allowed his opinion.
    Agree with both of these. Disagreed occasionally but valued his input and miss it.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    'Grumpy'? Downright offensive towards the end. Referring to people as 'Proper Twats' and calling the majority of real ale drinkers 'gullible and stupid' is no way to engender a proper discussion, or convert people to your point of view.

I formed the impression that the doubts about cancer operations being cancelled because of hospitals being overwhelmed by what (apparently) has since turned out to be a fake disease may have caused quite a bit of anxiety which could have made him even less tolerant than his usual self. In better times he was an interesting contributor on this Forum, but I think Richard was right to call him out for what he was writing about the proposed Bass Day. Behaving in a civilised manner is usually better for all of us, I reckon.

If he's in a better place now as regards his health, which I hope is the case, it would be good to see him back here again, if he would be prepared to adhere to the standards everybody else adheres to.
    I hope that his absence is due to his truculence rather than something else, stomach cancer aside.