Ads not shown when logged in
Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Can't stand Cinnamon in beer, or Ginger come to that.
    But cucumbers get a thumbs-up. 'Thornbridge Wye is a cucumber pale ale. It is a super refreshing beer with over 1,000 cucumbers used in the brewing process which are balanced against subtle floral British hops'. Or death by a 1,000 cucumbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    But cucumbers get a thumbs-up. 'Thornbridge Wye is a cucumber pale ale. It is a super refreshing beer with over 1,000 cucumbers used in the brewing process which are balanced against subtle floral British hops'. Or death by a 1,000 cucumbers.
    Noooo! A thousand times no, even Roosters Jubilee is utter pish and watermelon is a close second in the ranks of er rank things that don’t belong in beer.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Noooo! A thousand times no, even Roosters Jubilee is utter pish and watermelon is a close second in the ranks of er rank things that don’t belong in beer.
    However, the Germans worked out what does belong in beer over 500 years ago in the Reinheitsgebot. OK, they didn't mention the yeast, and wheat may work for some brews, but it's still good as a general rule...

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    However, the Germans worked out what does belong in beer over 500 years ago in the Reinheitsgebot. OK, they didn't mention the yeast, and wheat may work for some brews, but it's still good as a general rule...
    "No cucumbers" seems like a pretty good general rule.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    And lactose, and 101 other adjuncts!

On a visit to Shepherd Neame's brewery early on in my quaffing career, I noticed an old pumpclip bearing the motto 'Malt and Hops only'. A sentiment with which I heartily concur.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I'm ok with cucumber, Cooler than Gherkins by UBREW was pretty neat when doing the Bermondsey mile a couple of years ago.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Yes, I avoid lactose - it's pretty disgusting. In the absence of an actual Reinheitsgebot in this country, I take other adjuncts on a case by case basis. Some brewers are better at handling them than others.
    Come On You Hatters!

Yes, I avoid lactose - it's pretty disgusting. In the absence of an actual Reinheitsgebot in this country, I take other adjuncts on a case by case basis. Some brewers are better at handling them than others.
    See here.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I'm ok with cucumber, Cooler than Gherkins by UBREW was pretty neat when doing the Bermondsey mile a couple of years ago.
    I drink almost anything, even when it's a bit off - I even managed to drink a whole pint of the cucumber beer. But this is utterly vile and I only managed to drink about half my pint. Think of a pint of very bland beer, then toss in a fizzy mango flavour Berocca vitamin pill, described as 'A frivolous, funky & fruity beer, brewed with a blend of the juiciest American Hops & a huge dollop of Mango puree (with a splash of passion fruit for good measure). It's the perfect beer to enjoy in the early summer sun'. It's put me off Laine's beers for life.