Ads not shown when logged in
Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire

Just posted long and detailed list off the beers I have had tonight and though I have sign in it refused to print as I had not logged in .Fuck you Pubs Galore. You drive me crazy.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Pubs Galore. You drive me crazy.
    Exasperating, but I have to agree with recent mention of typing a longer post into a word.doc first, then copy pasting into PG. If summat goes wrong (eg a time-out etc) you still have your word doc to re-source.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Just posted long and detailed list off the beers I have had tonight and though I have sign in it refused to print as I had not logged in .Fuck you Pubs Galore. You drive me crazy.
    On a couple of occasions last week I had to log in again - normally I am logged in continuously. Since then it's gone back to normal. Don't know what caused that.

I must admit I'm not in the habit of starting forum posts off in another document, but perhaps it's one that's worth forming. A marginal improvement on your evident frustration, anyway. (Hope you're feeling better now.)
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I know I haven't been on here for a while but I typed a long post on the covid thread, and when I tried to post it I had to sign back in so i copied onto word as I have lost posts before, but found I had to log in again, and again, before my post would go. I have come on to read other posts, and yes, had to log in again. Will see if this one goes.

Enjoyed a couple of the Beer52 American beers last night. Got them for lockdown, and have kept them on just in case. What we have fallen in love with though are Amundsen Desert in a can series and the Barrel Aged ones.

Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    What we have fallen in love with though are Amundsen Desert in a can series and the Barrel Aged ones.
    You got me there, Gill, with your Amundsen Desert. I'm thinking, hmm, the ice deserts of Antarctica. Or beers made of sand and cactus. Dessert beers!!! Dessert in a can series. Glad you've found something to your taste. (No good for me - they've all got lactose in them.)
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

tonight I had some of the Lidl beers
    71 brewing -luminous nights -a great neipa 8/10
    loch Lomond -bravehop dark -dark version of the pale ale but no improvement 7.5/10
    Williams -coco noco.a coconut version of their milk stout .often find coconut beers have a synthetic taste rather than a coconut taste 7.5/10
    Last edited by london calling; 23-10-2020 at 22:09.

This Space For Hire

Another couple
    loch Lomond -zoom time.a very good session neipa 7.75/10
    Barneys -marshmallow milk stout 7.75 didn't like this the first time round but my son did and agree a good beer.

This Space For Hire

Overall good beers from Aldi and nearly half the price of Tesco etc and a quarter of the price I would pay in pubs.This lockdown has made it very difficult for ME to accept the prices that pubs charge for beer.

Default Beers drunk at home during lockdown

See this thread for other posts about beers drunk at home during lockdown.
    Come On You Hatters!

I had a sudden urge to drink some Elland 1872 Porter at the weekend, but the brewery doesn't seem to sell direct to the public, at least not on the internet. After a bit of Googling I found M&M Wine and Food Co, based in Hipperholme near Halifax, where I found 50cl bottles for £2.49. Delivery was slightly steep at £9.99 for up to 15 bottles. I bought nine of the 1872, plus two each of the local Little Valley brewery's Dark Vale 4.5% and Stoodley Stout 4.8% for £2.09 each, as well as Duchesse de Bourgogne 6.2% which was £3.09 for 33cl bottles. The website of the shop was a little awkward to navigate, the worst fault being that you could click on a beer you fancy only to find out (after the page loaded up v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y) that it was out of stock. How about greying out the icon, guys?

While Googling an imperial stout in the same session, I found Beer Sniffers, which had a similar problem with their brewery list - for instance, they had a listing for York Brewery but no beers once you clicked through. Admittedly the process was a lot quicker on this website, and when I started ordering I noticed that the delivery charge of £4.95 was waived for orders over £50. I'm afraid I overindulged, buying two bottles each of beers from Sam Smiths (Stingo 8.0% 55cl £4.85 and Imperial Stout 7.0% 355ml £2.18), Hook Norton (Old Hooky 4.6% and Twelve Days 5.5%, both £2.84 for 50cl), Nogne O (God Jul 8.5% 33cl £4.32 and Imperial Stout 9.0% 50cl £5.47), La Trappe (Quadrupel 10.0% 33cl £3.79) and Uerige (Altbier Classic 4.7% £3.64, Sticke 6.0% £4.04 and Doppelsticke 8.5% £4.77, all 33cl), plus a Westmalle chalice for a total of £81.97.

Both boxes arrived two days later, the Beer Sniffers one being one of the most securely packed I've seen so far, with moulded paper pulp (like giant egg cartons) keeping the bottles in place, and the chalice double wrapped and still in one piece. M&M had really gone overboard, with a box inside a box inside a plastic wrapper, with each bottle individually protected by bubble-wrap and padded out with reused pallet wrap. All very secure, but impossible to recycle or re-use. Of course all this required a bit of rearranging of the shelves in my cupboard-under-the-stairs, but I managed to get everything to fit and was also able to get back out of the door afterwards. Celebrated with Allendale Wagtail 3.8%, Black Sheep Riggwelter 5.7% and their Imperial Russian 8.5%, my last bottle of that one.
    Come On You Hatters!