Ads not shown when logged in
Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire

Last
    polly -the alter supreme ipa.Not had a bad beer from this brewery 8,75/10
    So going to the bottle shop got me a few really good beers and although it was more expensive I think it was worth it. When I was drinking in pubs before the lockdown I was spending £40 £50 a week.Drinking at home now I as previously said I can get great beers for £15 from Tesco etc but there is nothing to compere with going in a pub.Cant wait till this shit is over

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I am back,went out for a fag and opened another beer.
    elusive -drift .this is a black ipa with a new hop called necteron.Youcan really smell the hop but I was hoping for better in the taste7.25/10
    siren -together and apart - this is a coconut black ipa -no coconut smell or taste .decent beer but I bought it on the premise of coconut .6/10
    I also had a can of Drift tonight, out of the fridge ,straight into the glass I was getting a strange flavour mix of Coffee and stone fruit, I took my time over it and as the beer warmed a little in the glass I was beginning to get an Orangey taste in place of Coffee, weird but ok 7/10
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Cant wait till this shit is over
    I'm with you there.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I had my first one of this new batch last night, and initially it was a bit too gassy for my taste. I gave it a bit of a swirl, which seemed to help. It seemed to get better over time too, I guess by losing the carbon dioxide as it sat there waiting for me to have another sip!
    I guess that first bottle of Elland 1872 Porter 6.5% was still recovering from its journey from Hipperholme, West Yorkshire, because the one I had tonight (to help me through the ridiculous VAR decisions on Match of the Day) was velvety smooth, just like I remember it. Gorgeous beer.

Now, if some of those referees and VAR operators had a few of these before the game, we might see some proper decisions. (Simple solution: just ban slow motion replays - if you can't see anything wrong with the decision at normal speed, the ref has probably got it right. The penalty that Aston Villa were awarded against Brighton was a bad decision at normal speed. I could see it with the aid of a bottle of 6.5% award-winning porter; how come the totally sober ref got it wrong?)
    Come On You Hatters!

I guess that first bottle of Elland 1872 Porter 6.5% was still recovering from its journey from Hipperholme, West Yorkshire, because the one I had tonight (to help me through the ridiculous VAR decisions on Match of the Day) was velvety smooth, just like I remember it. Gorgeous beer.

Now, if some of those referees and VAR operators had a few of these before the game, we might see some proper decisions. (Simple solution: just ban slow motion replays - if you can't see anything wrong with the decision at normal speed, the ref has probably got it right. The penalty that Aston Villa were awarded against Brighton was a bad decision at normal speed. I could see it with the aid of a bottle of 6.5% award-winning porter; how come the totally sober ref got it wrong?)
    The referees obviously need Elland 1872 Porter enhanced vision to aid them, replace var with it and we could be on to a winner.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    The referees obviously need Elland 1872 Porter enhanced vision to aid them, replace var with it and we could be on to a winner.
    People with bad eyesight (including football referees, obv) should be prescribed Elland 1872 Porter - at least two bottles a day. That should do it.
    Come On You Hatters!

People with bad eyesight (including football referees, obv) should be prescribed Elland 1872 Porter - at least two bottles a day. That should do it.
    Oh yes, having bad eyesight and being over 60 so I get free prescriptions I'd be all in favour. Meanwhile I'll put up with Roosters tonight.

I'd forgotten about a bottle of McEwan's Champion 7.3% that I picked up from the Co-op in a 4-for-£7.75 deal back in September. Somehow it had ended up in the wrong cupboard, along with a Guinness West Indies Porter 6.0% , and came to light the other day during a tidy. So I'm having the Champion now (I made the mistake of giving the first bottle away to my daughter) and I may have the Guinness tomorrow. I had the first bottle of the Guinness Porter four weeks ago, and thought it was pretty good; the Champion is superb, so I may have to get some more of these and make sure I remember where I put them this time.
    Realised belatedly that the above was posted on the What Are You Drinking RIGHT NOW thread, so I've copied it across to the Pubs Galore Bar, where I am drinking again tonight. Not through choice, of course, but purely because I'm living in a Tier 3 area where it is now too dangerous to drink in a pub even with a meal on a plate before you (you lucky, lucky Tier 2 buggers!), so our magnificent masters (gawd bless 'em) have decreed that all pubs must close for our own protection (thank'ee sir, thank'ee, very kind I'm sure, most obliged). [Insert forelock-tugging emoji here, although it's a few decades since I had a forelock, so never mind.]

So tonight it's the Guinness West Indies Porter 6.0% that I foretold yesterday, and I think I'll be following up with a Black Sheep Riggwelter 5.7%. This is from a stock of bottles that I bought in October, though since then Black Sheep have made this beer available in five litre mini-kegs, and I've had a delivery of some this week. I'm leaving them for a few days more and sticking with the bottled version for the time being.

This West Indies Porter is really very good. I'll have to see about getting some more of this and that McEwan's Champion too. The Porter is a bit more subtle than the Champion, which is a bit one-dimensional, with a hit-you-over-the-head-with-a-pint-of-heavy-no-make-that-really-heavy-gosh-this-is-good sort of vibe. Champion was a little too gassy for me, so I had to give it a bit of a stir, whereas the Guinness pours with a big fluffy head and has a pleasant effervescence about it. Or maybe it's just nostalgia for the old Guinness-in-a-bottle in the 70s and 80s.
    Come On You Hatters!

Wrong thread but McEwan's Champion is in Aldi for £1.49 - not bad for a 7.3% beer!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Wrong thread but McEwan's Champion is in Aldi for £1.49 - not bad for a 7.3% beer!
    Picked up two Champion and two Guinness West Indies Porter on a 4 for £6 deal at Morrisons today.
    Come On You Hatters!