Ads not shown when logged in
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Beer of the day(yesterday now) was Mad Squirrel Roadkill.jpg.
    Tangerine and Peach flavours with a nice piney bitterness creeping in, a really quite tasty NEIPA.7.5/10
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

A couple of beers tonight, first up is Whiplash Bone Machine.jpg, a 6.2 IPA , bright orange in colour, initially quite sharp citrus tastes that settle down with some pine, refreshing and quaffable, masking its true strength. 7/10
    Next and currently is from what I consider the top brewer in the UK, Kernel Imperial Brown Stout.jpg, 9.6%. Brewed from an 1856 Barclay Perkins recipe, rich dark chocolate and and coffee, with a smokey/leathery antique quality to it, it's simply sublime and I have to get more. 10/10
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Some nice beers at the weekend.
    ansbach and hobday -the ipa 8/10 was looking for a straightforward ipa and this was good
    arbor -midnight blue 8.5/10 once again a straight forward stout with a nice fruity finish 8.5

Sometimes brewers forget that most people want good quaffable beer.
    arbor -flaked Alaska 9/10 there is room to experiment with neipas and this was a belter.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Sometimes brewers forget that most people want good quaffable beer.
    Make mine a pint (or two) of fresh cask BBB!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Next and currently is from what I consider the top brewer in the UK, Kernel Imperial Brown Stout.jpg, 9.6%. Brewed from an 1856 Barclay Perkins recipe, rich dark chocolate and and coffee, with a smokey/leathery antique quality to it, it's simply sublime and I have to get more. 10/10
    I had that one myself on Sunday. Yes, very enjoyable. And I think I've another lurking somewhere. I paired it with The Kernel Export Stout 7.5%, this one a recipe from 1890, a London brewery that is not mentioned in their write up.
    Come On You Hatters!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    And where did you source this full-marks wonder Mick? I'm guessing Will's may have been from his £10-per-Dram-shop but you may have gone more local, but presumably not to Bermondsey, at least not in person..?

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I'm guessing Will's may have been from his £10-per-Dram-shop
    I can't answer for Mick, but mine came from Beer Central in Sheffield's Moor Market. Quite expensive at £4.95 for a 33cl bottle, but worth it. You can get deliveries from the brewery, but they're a little pricey at £8.50, so if you live anywhere near SE16 calling in is also an option.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    And where did you source this full-marks wonder Mick? I'm guessing Will's may have been from his £10-per-Dram-shop but you may have gone more local, but presumably not to Bermondsey, at least not in person..?
    Online at Craft Metropolis. £4.95, obviously shipping on the order adds to the cost.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 25-03-2021 at 18:58. Reason: Checked and changed beer price.
    -W.C.Fields

Wylam Hickey The Rake.jpg

A Limonata Pale. It's probably a love or hate beer, I like lemon in beer, the hops are Chinook and Mosaic with the addition of lemon zest.
    Obviously the taste is heavily lemon but there is also some lime and pineapple evident. I have enjoyed this on cask in the past, It's just as good from the can. A 4.2% refresher.7.5/10.
    -W.C.Fields

Hawkshead Mosaic Pale 4%.

Light and refreshing, but very fizzy, I'll apply a swirl of spoon next time.

Not really enough Mosaic for me, to the extent that even Will may like it.

But at 4 kiddie cans for £4 on special offer at our big Tesco, I can't really complain.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas