craft beer old street -no cask
    old fountain 3 on usually 6
    rake 1 on 3
    market porter 3 on 8
    lyric 4 on 8
    waterloo tap 2 on 5
    and loads of pubs with just Doombar

This Space For Hire

The way things are going pubs would be crazy to stock much cask.This 10pm closing is another nail in the coffin for central London pubs and bars who do a roaring trade on fri sat

This Space For Hire

I have had a cold and have felt shit the last few days but I have always thought alcohol helps.Delusional maybe be it seems to work for me.
    tonight from Morrisons
    thornebridge -pon dera
    salt -one through three
    brew York -juice forsyth
    kirkstall --provedence
    I have listed the beers in order that I think would be best but totally wrong
    brewyork -8.25/10
    kirkstall 8/10
    salt -7.5/10
    thornebridge -7.5/10
    great beers .

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I have had a cold and have felt shit the last few days but I have always thought alcohol helps.Delusional maybe be it seems to work for me.
    Well, looking on the bright side, if you haven't lost your sense of taste/smell then you probably haven't got Covid-19.

I've been making a start on the beers I brought back with me from Harviestoun Brewery when I was on holiday in Scotland. I must admit I didn't know their beers apart from Bitter & Twisted, which I can remember from back in the 90s - or maybe the late 80s, even; and I once paid a ridiculous amount for Old Engine Oil on keg at St Pancras Hotel; I've got half a dozen bottles of B&T, and a dozen small cans of OEO.

Tonight I had Forth 4% (lager), Schiehallion 4.8% (lager) and the imaginitively named IPA 5.8%, according to the label an American style IPA, but I thought it was rather like a Worthington White Shield. These were all in a selection box together with some others that I'll get around to in due course, so watch this space. All were well made beers with nothing outrageous about them, and in the case of the lagers, nothing to change me from a lifelong bitter drinker. I finished the IPA (it was only a 33cl bottle) nearly half an hour ago, and I can still taste that bitter finish, so I might have to get some more. But this time they can get a courier to bring it to me; I'm not driving all the way up there again.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Well, looking on the bright side, if you haven't lost your sense of taste/smell then you probably haven't got Covid-19.

I've been making a start on the beers I brought back with me from Harviestoun Brewery when I was on holiday in Scotland. I must admit I didn't know their beers apart from Bitter & Twisted, which I can remember from back in the 90s - or maybe the late 80s, even; and I once paid a ridiculous amount for Old Engine Oil on keg at St Pancras Hotel; I've got half a dozen bottles of B&T, and a dozen small cans of OEO.

Tonight I had Forth 4% (lager), Schiehallion 4.8% (lager) and the imaginitively named IPA 5.8%, according to the label an American style IPA, but I thought it was rather like a Worthington White Shield. These were all in a selection box together with some others that I'll get around to in due course, so watch this space. All were well made beers with nothing outrageous about them, and in the case of the lagers, nothing to change me from a lifelong bitter drinker. I finished the IPA (it was only a 33cl bottle) nearly half an hour ago, and I can still taste that bitter finish, so I might have to get some more. But this time they can get a courier to bring it to me; I'm not driving all the way up there again.
    I remember the first time I had Bitter and Twisted. It was the first time I had a citrus beer and was raving about it.Shame the cheapskate Landlord in my local pub refused to pay the price to get it regularly. It seemed to become a mundane tasting beer within a year or so as they ramped up production of it.Sad how iconic beers can get fecked about with.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I remember the first time I had Bitter and Twisted.
    I too remember the first time I had Bitter and Twisted, but not where. I do remember that it was shockingly priced, so as I said in my review: bitter and twisted is how I felt after buying it.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I too remember the first time I had Bitter and Twisted, but not where. I do remember that it was shockingly priced, so as I said in my review: bitter and twisted is how I felt after buying it.
    Probably 2004/2005 so about £2.20 to £2.50 a pint.