Ads not shown when logged in
Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Had all four of them didn't think much of the Allendale or Drygate but its a while ago so

a-3
    b-2
    c-1
    d-4

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I would agree with Johns assessment of the beers identities, I've tried 3 of the 4 missing out on the Drygate, I disliked the Allendale, but love the Siren and Vocation, the latter breweries beers has been a revelation to me this lockdown, for the record I don't give a jot whether a beers murky or not, I know some beg to differ.
    Well, you both correctly identified the Allendale. Probably my lousy tasting notes to blame for your failures on the other three!

Interesting how the beers I like are the ones you two don't. You two clearly aren't into bitter beers. (Surprise!)

I have a very little sense of smell but it comes and goes so rarely notice what a beer smells like and its a big advantage when my wife asks me to clean up the cat shit in the garden.
    Changing my daughters' nappies all those years ago prepared me for the by-products of the various cats that we somehow acquired, and also stood me in good stead for the alcoholic homeless guys who sometimes used the toilet in my betting shop. Or almost used the toilet. Luckily my daughters have grown up into delightful human beings, unlike some I could mention (not on this forum, it goes without saying).
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 07-05-2020 at 22:38.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Well, you both correctly identified the Allendale. Probably my lousy tasting notes to blame for your failures on the other three!

Interesting how the beers I like are the ones you two don't. You two clearly aren't into bitter beers. (Surprise!

Changing my daughters' nappies all those years ago prepared me for the by-products of the various cats that we somehow acquired, and also stood me in good stead for the alcoholic homeless guys who sometimes used the toilet in my betting shop. Or almost used the toilet. Luckily my daughters have grown up into delightful human beings, unlike some I could mention (not on this forum, it goes without saying).
    Babies nappies are something I can smell.My sense of smell is not that bad. From about 20 feet away in the case of my grandchildren .

Babies nappies are something I can smell.My sense of smell is not that bad. From about 20 feet away in the case of my grandchildren .
    You must look forward to their visits.
    Come On You Hatters!

The Burrow Hill Cider Mill has reopened its shop, so as on one of my dog walking (or 'dogging' as it's know in these parts) routes, looks like I'll be drinking more cider for the foreseeable. Ah, dogging with a glass of warm, strong cider, it's things like that that make 'Somerset' an adjective.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

"Worst Pub Crawl Ever-"

No Wonder!

You failed to do even one third of a Winfield.

You will have to buy Buckingham Palace and try again!

PS. Just noticed this is my post number 1,000, sure taken me long enough!
    Last edited by AlanH; 08-05-2020 at 18:14.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

Siren beers just don't suit me, or at least, none of those I've had so far.
    Siren's Yu Lu certainly didn't agree with me - it contains bergamot.

I have been trying the Lidl purchases from last week as I am now off call and back in the bar! I wasn't expecting to like Drygate Disco Forklift Truck - Mango pale ale but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wasn't impressed with the By The Horns West End Pils.

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Tonight am mixing between Brewdog and Vocation. Now on Life & Death, some Elvis Juice for later on, plus Bread & Butter, all are fab. Can't wait to hit Hebdon Bridge when everything gets back to normal
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Can't wait to hit Hebdon Bridge when everything gets back to normal
    IF !!!!!

I am a salmon !!

First cask ale since March 15th with a takeout from my local, The Bridge End Inn at Ruabon. Conwy Rampant and another I can't remember. My tins of Vocation etc. are OK for a can or two but today feels like I have had a drink for the first time since March at the above location. I can sample (and mostly enjoy) anything, but my palette is so strongly pro cask, I really miss the Real thing!