Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
I've been in a pub today!

It's all right, no one was breaking the law. Off-sales only. The Gardeners Rest, which initially closed with (most of) the rest on 20 March (some set up take out services), has had a re-think about all the untapped barrels in their cellar. An email was sent out this week to all shareholders (it's a community-owned pub), inviting us to come on down this weekend, when two beers per day are available to take out at just £2 a pint. I was there this afternoon and bought four pints of Joules Slumbering Monk 4.5%. Potential customers have to queue (two metres apart) on the pavement outside, with one person at a time entering the pub and paying for their beer with contactless payment. (Service is not limited to shareholders, it's just the publicity that's limited. If it spreads by word of mouth, more beer gets sold. But they don't want hundreds of people all turning up at the same time. Just three hours per day: Sat 3-6, Sun 12-3. Maybe Mon.)

Happy days!
More beer from the Gardeners today: Joules Pale Ale 4.1%, which I've always thought of as fairly ordinary in a pub, but it seems to me a better beer served this way: no sparkler, poured into a plastic container and carried in a rucksack uphill for a mile before decanting into a glass. Probably won't catch on.