Ads not shown when logged in
Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Paul at Pictish Brewery in Rochdale is doing 5 litre Beer In A Box for £15, directly from the brewery doorway.

He can do 50 per day and sold out today. Luckily he'll have some more ready tomorrow. Choice of 4 of his beers as well.

I think Paul's going to survive this.
    That's about £1.70 a pint which I'm sure is more than they get selling it to pubs.
    ELB are throwing everything into off sales with free delivery in the East London area. I had my third and largest delivery on Tuesday which included 6 x 750ml bottles of so called IS. If the Jamboree is clear tomorrow then I'll try one!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Paul at Pictish Brewery in Rochdale is doing 5 litre Beer In A Box for £15, directly from the brewery doorway.

He can do 50 per day and sold out today. Luckily he'll have some more ready tomorrow. Choice of 4 of his beers as well.

I think Paul's going to survive this.
    The winners and losers out of this is quite unpredictable but the adaptable should do alright

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Been struggling for beer but had notification today that Oakham back online, avg £2 per btl but in tough circumstances the £170 order was immediately submitted, incl some Green Devil.
    When I previously had asked about unavailability of the shop area of the website I got a very detailed reply, incl where I might find their beers under different label, eg at m+s, and I have just had another message (from Nick) saying he wanted to notify me they were back online but could see I 'beat him to the punch' (ie order already placed), nice touch that, I thought.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

First one up this evening Wild Beer Sleeping Lemons 3.6% .Described as a Gose,the preserved lemons and salt give it a sour taste,but a gingerish nose gives it a refreshing ,zesty monthfeel.Decent 7/10

2020-04-18 20.04.53.jpg
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 18-04-2020 at 20:04.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    First one up this evening Wild Beer Sleeping Lemons 3.6% .Described as a Gose,the preserved lemons and salt give it a sour taste,but a gingerish nose gives it a refreshing ,zesty monthfeel.Decent 7/10
    I rated that as my worst beer this year on another site.Undrinkable to my palate but I only tried it as I had heard it was good although I knew I hate lemons.Enjoy

This Space For Hire

First one tonight All bought in Asda. Bad Co -west coast pale ale .gave it 7.5 then re rated it after the second tin to 8.00

Did have an Oakham Inferno lunchtime but first tonight is Amundsun Chuggernaut 4.7%,brought a couple of days ago in Cobbetts , a decent flavour but maybe a little thin tasting. 6/10
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I rated that as my worst beer this year on another site.Undrinkable to my palate but I only tried it as I had heard it was good although I knew I hate lemons.Enjoy
    Nope, Fyne Ales: OC Crush closely followed by Wild Beer: Murmur, both in the Beer Hawk £30 mixed box, both best used as sink cleaner.

This Space For Hire

Bad Co -boston tea party. A very good neipa 8.0

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Next one up Howling Hops House IPA 6.9% from a consignment direct from the brewery in Hackney Wick.Unfined and murky but lots of seville orange without overkill.A fine quaff and hides it strength very well 9/10

2020-04-18 20.04.35.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson