A few more local beers tonight, these bought at local mini-market, off-licence, butcher and post office, Beeches of Walkley. I'm starting with two from Thornbridge that I haven't tried before, Tzara 4.8%, a Kölsch; and Shelby 5.0%, an IPA "the official beer of the Peaky Blinders TV serial" (apparently). Shelby is "the kind of IPA that might have been found behind the bar of the Garrison Tavern in Small Heath". It poured with an initally tight but very noisy head, which very soon dispersed despite being replaced by numerous bubbles from below. The carbonation was not as noticeable in the mouth, and in fact the beer very quickly became more like a cask beer than one from a bottle. Light amber in colour and lightly flavoured too, this is not one of those in-your-face fruity IPAs that are so fashionable. In fact I found it a bit underwhelming, and I was disappointed to find no bitter finish.

Thornbridge Tzara 4.8% is true to style, I would say, though Kölsch is not a beer I have drunk very often; I once had it in Köln - albeit nearly 15 years ago. I find it a bit too gassy, but I would say that, wouldn't I. These beers were both under the £3 mark, but the bottles were only 33cl, so this is quite expensive for Sheffield. Interesting and acceptable as a change from my normal preferences, but I'll not be making a habit of either of these two.