This evenings selection all come from the local Tesco

Vocation -- Life & Death and Love & Hate
    BrewDog/Cloudwater -- New England IPA

and for the big finish...

BrewDog/Evil Twin -- Roaster Coaster

All rated and photographed earlier in the thread,and enjoyed in full
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Default Tonight at Sheffield Hatters Inn

Next beer at Sheffield Hatter's Inn tonight is another one from Stori Beers in north Wales, Tenby Black Flag Rum Porter 5.5% in a 440ml can (though it can also be bought in five litre minikegs for only £23). This beer is made with the addition of Barti Ddu Rum, which is also made in Wales - Pembrokeshire, in fact. Just round the coast from Tenby. It must have been a tough journey for those pack horses to get it to the shop in Bala, but someone's got to do it.

Barti Ddu Rum (in English, Black Bart - possibly a pirate?) is a "spirit drink with Caribbean rum, infused with Pembrokeshire seaweed". Would I have known in a blind tasting that a) the beer was made with the addition of rum and/or b) that the rum was flavoured with seaweed? Probably not, and there are two, no make that three reasons for that. First, the can has been in my fridge for a couple of days. Second, the beer is overcarbonated. Third, I've just been drinking a vividly hopped, murky IPA with citra and something else beginning with C.

Actually, after giving the glass a bit of a swirl and sticking my nose in, I got the whiff of something that smelled a little bit like the harbour at Cardigan when I was in Wales last autumn. Has someone put a dog end in my beer can?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    ...enjoyed in full
    Pleased to hear it!
    Come On You Hatters!

Default Tongham, Surrey

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    So, on to tonight and I start off with probably the murkiest beer I have ever drunk.
    Not quite the murkiest beer I have ever drunk, but the Hogs Back Brewery certainly weren't kidding when they put "hazy & unfiltered" on the label for this 3.5 pint / 2 litre PET container of their occasional East Coast IPA...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200626_193818s.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	499.6 KB 
ID:	2443
    This was purchased from their new drive-through facility at the brewery; seen here, with probably the first evidence on this site of me driving a car rather than walking, cycling or taking public transport...

Name:	20200625_152142s.png 
Views:	227 
Size:	829.3 KB 
ID:	2445
    However, I couldn't let the opportunity to photograph what is now the largest, vertically integrated, brewery hop garden in the country slip by (all 3.4 hectares of it, compared with the hundreds of acres once owned by the likes of Guinness, Whitbread, Courage, Fremlins and Bass)...

Name:	P1270041s.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	677.8 KB 
ID:	2446
    This was moved across the road last year from their original (smaller) garden, which was renown as the resurrected home of the once-famous Farnham White Bine hop.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Pleased to hear it!
    I haven't been as diligent as you in the sourcing of my beer.My excuse is that DHL have screwed up a mixed case delivery from Titanic.DHL suggest contacting the seller if something goes wrong ,so I phoned Burslem only to find out that if DHL break some bottles (it's happened before) they then don't deliver,nor contact Titanic or the customer to tell them whats happened.The nice lady at Titanic will use a different carrier to express deliver a new mixed case ASAP.Good people

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Not quite the murkiest beer I have ever drunk, but the Hogs Back Brewery certainly weren't kidding when they put "hazy & unfiltered" on the label for this 3.5 pint / 2 litre PET container of their occasional East Coast IPA...

This was purchased from their new drive-through facility at the brewery; seen here, with probably the first evidence on this site of me driving a car rather than walking, cycling or taking public transport...

Name:	20200625_152142s.png 
Views:	227 
Size:	829.3 KB 
ID:	2445
    However, I couldn't let the opportunity to photograph what is now the largest, vertically integrated, brewery hop garden in the country slip by (all 3.4 hectares of it, compared with the hundreds of acres once owned by the likes of Guinness, Whitbread, Courage, Fremlins and Bass)...

Name:	P1270041s.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	677.8 KB 
ID:	2446
    This was moved across the road last year from their original (smaller) garden, which was renown as the resurrected home of the once-famous Farnham White Bine hop.
    Can you grow different varieties of hop in a hop garden ,or does that make picking a nightmare ?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Hogs Back Brewery certainly weren't kidding when they put "hazy & unfiltered" on the label for this 3.5 pint / 2 litre PET container of their occasional East Coast IPA...

Good grief! Does it also taste like pink grapefruit juice?
    Come On You Hatters!

Good grief! Does it also taste like pink grapefruit juice?
    Not as much as I feared, and it certainly tasted much better than it looked!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I haven't been as diligent as you in the sourcing of my beer.My excuse is that DHL have screwed up a mixed case delivery from Titanic.DHL suggest contacting the seller if something goes wrong ,so I phoned Burslem only to find out that if DHL break some bottles (it's happened before) they then don't deliver,nor contact Titanic or the customer to tell them whats happened.The nice lady at Titanic will use a different carrier to express deliver a new mixed case ASAP.Good people
    That's terrible. Why on earth do they still use them?

I don't know if diligent is the right word! More like hunter/gatherer obsessiveness. I've been lucky with my deliveries, too. No breakages, everything well packed. And two of this week's orders, Allendale and Williams Bros, from Northumberland and Scotland respectively, arrived together in the same van. Definitely luck rather than judgment.
    Come On You Hatters!

That's terrible. Why on earth do they still use them?

I got the impression that the business relationship may not last much longer.