Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Hybrid View

This Space For Hire

Default pubs galore bar

As we cant talk much on here about new pubs I thought maybe we can post what we are drinking at home.On Saturday night from 7.00 pm I will post the beers I am drinking and will rate them out of 10.Got 3 decent ones from Tesco today.Had 6 in the trolley then thought must be able to get something more interesting in one of the bottle shops so put three back.I am hoping the bottleshops are still open after tonights lockdown.Essential supplies to me anyway.Join me .Its my round next.ha ha.

Managed a bottle of red last night, a change from beer as the local isn't open. Our local is currently doing a takeaway service, so my daily exercise will now be walking the dog via the post office, village shop and back door of the pub. Use of BACS to pay the tab means no-one has to handle cash and I can take it home to drink while waffling away on here.

Perhaps we ought to post reviews of our home drinking locations?
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Last night I had a can of Abbeydale Deliverance 7%, a DIPA with recently developed, experimental hops from Yakima Chief: two of them so new they have serial numbers rather than names. It was a bit too fruit-juicy for my taste, but nevertheless a well made beer and eminently drinkable.

I also had the last bottle that I brought back from France last autumn, bought at the La Debauche brewery tap in Angouleme (see this thread for more details). It was the 9.5% imperial stout called Never More, with an image of Edgar Allen Poe's raven on the label. This was really gorgeous, velvety and tasty in equal proportions. It seems to have benefited from a long rest in my store.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Attached Images
    Nice and cheery!

I managed to pick up 4 cans of Brewdog Roaster Coaster today. I went after three hospital appointments/ What happened to "at risk" people having stuff delivered? I've not heard anything. This will add to my collection of Fourpure Big Milk Stout and Vocation Breakfast Stout. I won't get through it all by Thursday when all beer and food is knocked on the head. I don't really care if the iron and stout theory is an old wives tale!!

I slipped in a quick Acorn Old Moor Porter last night but didn't enjoy it as much as usual and certainly not as much as the pub so I left off drinking at that point. Today I had a delivery from Beer Hawk of two boxes, one of Irish beers and one of UK ones they had on cheap, along with the three boxes of Roosters delivered yesterday (which my son has already raided - I will exact my revenge when his Beavertown order arrives) plus three 5 litre mini-kegs from Rudgate, I should be OK for a bit.

So this afternoon I got tempted and so far I've sampled a London Irish Helles (nice but not special), a Saltaire Amarillo (no where near as good as the cask version) and a Rudgate Jorvic in bottle at 4.6 although my mini-keg is supposed to be only 3.8%. I may have a Baby Faced Assassin next but only a children's portion with my prawn curry.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Managed a bottle of red last night, a change from beer as the local isn't open. Our local is currently doing a takeaway service, so my daily exercise will now be walking the dog via the post office, village shop and back door of the pub. Use of BACS to pay the tab means no-one has to handle cash and I can take it home to drink while waffling away on here.

Perhaps we ought to post reviews of our home drinking locations?
    This is my review of John,s Bar Brentford
    One rectangular roomed bar to the rear of the property. Large table with 6 comfortable seats.Bit like a micropub but no nobheads trying to get into conversation with you.Charming,generous and witty mine host.Bottles and cans only but Watneys party seven on order.Been here a while and its a bit quiet apart from a tee-total woman who keeps coming in and tut tutting. She has left now.Bloody Nora she is back and is eating and drinking her own food.Obviously doesn't understand the pub etiquette. Free jukebox called Alexa helps the atmosphere. My end of the table now full of cans and bottles but no effort by the woman to clean up the table.Feels like a Wetherspoons on a smaller scale.Thank god she has gone again. Jeepers creepers she is back again and hogging the jukebox.Bloody woman is now singing and dancing to Sister Sledge-We Are Family. Cant hear myself chugging the beer.I am offski .Wonder where the nearest kebab shop is.
    rating 3
    By the way I took 27 pictures of the outside of the bar which i will post later.Fascinating use of net curtains.Wonder if English Heritage would be interested in this place.Check out photo no 27which I took from the top of a bus and appears to show a ghostly old woman at the top window but when I blew it up a bit it turned out to be a bit of pigeon shit on the bus window.
    cheers john

This Space For Hire

Another two good uns
    Brixton -atlantic ipa 8/10
    Brixton -reliance pale ale 7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    By the way I took 27 pictures of the outside of the bar which i will post later. Check out photo no 27 which I took from the top of a bus and appears to show a ghostly old woman at the top window but when I blew it up a bit it turned out to be a bit of pigeon shit on the bus window.
    Excellent. Just the sort of quality photography this site needs.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Excellent. Just the sort of quality photography this site needs.
    we have several avant garde photographers who provide just this sort of crap challenging art work