Ads not shown when logged in
Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Can't say I've found it particularly gassy, but then I have had a lot of cans lately.
    Call me Mr Fusspot. Cans used to mean lager or keg crap, but since the advent of Craft, which means that each can is lovingly filled by a bearded artisan who then goes on to individually decorate and sign them, I've been drinking to a different standard. OK, the canned Jaipur isn't as gassy as the dreadful keg version I had in that awful hotel bar (see link in post #256 above), but it's more like that than the imaginary cask ale that B&B were drinking in their dreams the other day (#277). IMHO.
    Come On You Hatters!

Back to Musket Brewery's Flintlock from a 5-litre mini-cask, cooling outside in the evaporation fridge in time for dinner.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Rather than expending a lot of energy on describing reasons why i don't like certain beers,I'm going to be more positive .These are the beers I have chosen to enjoy this evening.

First up is BrewDog Elvis Juice.After a long walk ,refreshing and decidedly bitter.8/10

2020-05-09 17.44.57.jpg
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Swifty on to Howling Hops House IPA.Still got some remnants from a delivery a while ago,complex and hides it's strength well 9/10

2020-05-09 19.44.45.jpg

I have just been testing my two Bridge End cask beers alongside some of the cans I have been "happily" drinking. I now realise that I have been kidding myself that the cans were fine if you let them degas for a while. The cask is so drinkable that I find the cans hard to force down after the Real stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    I have just been testing my two Bridge End cask beers alongside some of the cans I have been "happily" drinking. I now realise that I have been kidding myself that the cans were fine if you let them degas for a while. The cask is so drinkable that I find the cans hard to force down after the Real stuff!
    Interesting observation,maybe some of us have got attuned to this new style of drinking from cans and bottles.I haven't had a cask ale for nearly two months,but when I next do I suspect I will tone down the ABV compared to my can and bottle consumption during lockdown.

Next one ,a can lurking on a shelf at Tesco,BrewDog O-G Hazy 7.2% .Described as a New England IPA,murky and with no nose .Tastes vaguely strong,orange and bitter.Had better of this style 7/10

I'm running low now and await a mixed case from Titanic to give my drinking a bit more variety after a blizzard of strong IPA's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 09-05-2020 at 21:05.

This Space For Hire

Never had a can that was over carbonated and am enjoying my beers slightly colder than I would with cask.

This Space For Hire

Both the new beers I tried were from North brewery and very good
    Sputnick -7..75
    lost cosmonauts -8.0

This Space For Hire

Like some previous comments, the immediate reaction to 'can' was to recall various nasty four-packs of processed bilge, however having been 'forced' to imbibe a few by current circumstances, I must admit some of the crafty ones are not bad at all and seem to be less carbonated than many bottles.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement