Ads not shown when logged in
Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire

Amazing canned beers to be found in the supermarkets just now.New range at Tesco has kept me hydrated.
    magic rock -what are the odds 8.5/10
    vocation -sure shot 8/10
    London beer factory -zia 8.5/10
    brewdog -layer cake 8.5/10

This Space For Hire

Some more I had this week

northern monk -scaffell 8/10
    salt -shoop 8.5
    northern monk -stars and stripes 8/10
    brewdog -double punk 8.5/10
    vocation -breakfast club 2 7.25 this is not as good as the original brewed with yeastie boys
    buxton -king slayer 7/10 although they are a highly rated brewer I find their beers dull.

This Space For Hire

most of those were strong .Seems to be the trend and Morrisons have some new beers all stronguns and from good brewers but I have been unable to find them in my local shop.

This Space For Hire

Why does the g in god look like a q in my post

Just back from a camping trip in Scotland, and just for once I hired a car because I'm fed up with wearing a mask on the train. So I was able to bring a few goodies back with me. My route back from Glencoe to my daughter's place in Dunfermline goes temptingly close to Harviestoun Brewery, so I pre-ordered (their shop is not open but you can pick up by arrangement) a Harvie's choice (a mixed box of 14 beers, including a non-alcoholic one, plus a Harviestoun glass tankard), a case of eight bottles of Bitter and Twisted and one of 12 cans of Old Engine Oil. That's 34 drinks of various sizes for a total of £57.50. I could have got it delivered to my home, as the delivery charge is waived for orders of £40 or more, but I couldn't resist the opportunity of dropping in.

On my way through the Borders I had thought of calling in at Traquair House, but I didn't fancy paying an admission charge to tour the stately home when all I wanted was the brewery shop, so I checked on their website for stockists, and found a wine shop in Peebles called Villeneuve. I picked up half a dozen varied Traquair beers, and then had a little look at the whisky. The shop owner was very helpful, as I'm a bit of a novice at whisky, and having recommended a Bunnahabhain from Islay which I was prepared to fork out £40 for, he diverted me to another from the same distillery on special offer at just £30.

Today my route back to Sheffield had been cunningly devised to include a quick visit to the shop at Allendale Brewery, as my store of their very good bitter, Wagtail, has been running low. I did wonder about the way the car was seeming to struggle up some of the hills in the north Pennines, but I guess it was just my imagination.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

Today my route back to Sheffield had been cunningly devised to include a quick visit to the shop at Allendale Brewery, as my store of their very good bitter, Wagtail, has been running low. I did wonder about the way the car was seeming to struggle up some of the hills in the north Pennines, but I guess it was just my imagination.
    I've got a soft spot for Allendale Brewery-lovely part of the world, and one can get their beer in Waitrose in whizzy cans, not that I've been in a supermarket since before whenever.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Still not getting out much but London is a cask desert where I have been.Going to take a long time before London pubs start stocking the full cask range. Thank god for keg.
    Had a few days in Hastings last week, top 5 beers- keg 4 cask1.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I have no answer for this.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Still not getting out much but London is a cask desert where I have been.Going to take a long time before London pubs start stocking the full cask range. Thank god for keg.
    Is this the case at your local Express Tavern?

Looks fine to me.

This Space For Hire

The Express sadly bucks the trend.They have 10 beers on at a time.Harveys Sussex and Bass sell well but I would guess they only sell about5 firkins a week of the other 8 beers so they are on for a week or longer. Massively busy pub for food and lager so the landlord seems happy to chuck away his reputation for cask and chuck away loads of beer.Last time I was in handed the first 2 beers back and the third choice was poor.Not been back since .
    Last edited by london calling; 24-09-2020 at 20:59.