Ads not shown when logged in
Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire

Still rarely getting to pubs so tonight had
    fullers -Esb -lovely sweet malty beer 7.5/10
    Oakham -scarlet macaw. classic hoppy beer 7.75/10
    Wild Beer -millionaire salted caramel stout bit sweet but great beer 7.75/10
    put the central heating on tonight as its well chilly in London but its warmed my beers up a bit too much
    Last edited by london calling; 29-08-2020 at 21:01.

This Space For Hire

Alchemy -bring out the imp.10.5 superb imperial stout 8.5/10
    all beers from Waitrose.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    put the central heating on tonight as its well chilly in London but its warmed my beers up a bit too much
    Should have sent them up to me. Plenty of room in my cupboard-under-the-stairs! And it's about the right temperature.

I didn't know you were still coming to the Pubs Galore Bar, John. You should have given me a shout. I've been to 45 different pubs since they reopened on 4 July; 63 pub visits altogether, which works out at just over one pub per day. However, there have been 19 days (out of 57 - so one in three) when I've not been to a pub at all, which compares with 11 out of 80 (1 January to 20 March) before lockdown. This place is a good standby, and you don't have to sign in or scan a QR code. You just open your beer, pour it into whichever glass looks like it's reasonably clean and sit yerself down. Some of the other punters can be a bit rough, but you're all right, John. You're my mate, you are.

Hic! Acshurley, I gotta level with you, John. I had a couple of beers earlier in here while watching the Leeds Rhinos on the box. Picture was bloody crap. Had to keep on refreshing the screen, if you know what I mean. Between you and me, John, I reckon it's a bit dodgy. And the beer I had, Harveys Sussex Best Bitter 4.0%, it tasted ok, but I got a look at the can when the fella wasn't looking and it said "best before end 11/06/20", which by my reckoning is almost three months ago. Tasted ok, but there's something dodgy about this place, I'm tellin' yer. So I went down the hill to the Wellington, lovely pint of Reedley Hallows Beer O'Clock 3.8%. So I had another - so what if it's brewed in Lancashire, I'm broadminded, that's what I am. Tolerant. If the beer's good, I'll drink it. (Some of my best friends voted for Brexit.) And here I am, back at the old place again, and I see you was 'ere earlier. Sorry to've missed yer. I'm gonna go for a lie down now. Night, John. Mind how yer go. Oh, by the way. Have you seen Mick lately? He used to be in here a lot. Tell 'im I said hello if you see him.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Should have sent them up to me. Plenty of room in my cupboard-under-the-stairs! And it's about the right temperature.

I didn't know you were still coming to the Pubs Galore Bar, John. You should have given me a shout. I've been to 45 different pubs since they reopened on 4 July; 63 pub visits altogether, which works out at just over one pub per day. However, there have been 19 days (out of 57 - so one in three) when I've not been to a pub at all, which compares with 11 out of 80 (1 January to 20 March) before lockdown. This place is a good standby, and you don't have to sign in or scan a QR code. You just open your beer, pour it into whichever glass looks like it's reasonably clean and sit yerself down. Some of the other punters can be a bit rough, but you're all right, John. You're my mate, you are.

Hic! Acshurley, I gotta level with you, John. I had a couple of beers earlier in here while watching the Leeds Rhinos on the box. Picture was bloody crap. Had to keep on refreshing the screen, if you know what I mean. Between you and me, John, I reckon it's a bit dodgy. And the beer I had, Harveys Sussex Best Bitter 4.0%, it tasted ok, but I got a look at the can when the fella wasn't looking and it said "best before end 11/06/20", which by my reckoning is almost three months ago. Tasted ok, but there's something dodgy about this place, I'm tellin' yer. So I went down the hill to the Wellington, lovely pint of Reedley Hallows Beer O'Clock 3.8%. So I had another - so what if it's brewed in Lancashire, I'm broadminded, that's what I am. Tolerant. If the beer's good, I'll drink it. (Some of my best friends voted for Brexit.) And here I am, back at the old place again, and I see you was 'ere earlier. Sorry to've missed yer. I'm gonna go for a lie down now. Night, John. Mind how yer go. Oh, by the way. Have you seen Mick lately? He used to be in here a lot. Tell 'im I said hello if you see him.
    Been to at least one pub a day since July 4th so not had much time to pop in here, next time I have a day off I may do.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Alchemy -bring out the imp.10.5 superb imperial stout 8.5/10
    all beers from Waitrose.
    You must have a very good Waitrose. My local branch just seems to sell BrewDogging stuff and Meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Been to at least one pub a day since July 4th so not had much time to pop in here, next time I have a day off I may do.
    Only been to a pub seven times - and none new - since 4th. Am off to Oxford for the Bank Holiday and hope to perhaps clean up some of the seven remaining that I've never visited. Limited opening times - and walking times - may well scupper this challenge though.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

Cheers to you too.My wife is in the high risk category and doesn't want me going out to the pub but that's normal for her.Only been out 3 times locally but to be honest cant say I enjoyed the beers much.Handed back at least 6 beers due to crap quality which is more than I have handed back in the last 5 years.

This Space For Hire

Tell a lie .Was up in Dundee (on my own) for my sisters funeral last week so had a good scoop but mostly keg and ticked 5pubs.Buried her on Thursday and her daughter (my neice ) dropped down dead with an aneurysm on Monday so may be back again . Sad times. cheers

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    You must have a very good Waitrose. My local branch just seems to sell BrewDogging stuff and Meantime.

Only been to a pub seven times - and none new - since 4th. Am off to Oxford for the Bank Holiday and hope to perhaps clean up some of the seven remaining that I've never visited. Limited opening times - and walking times - may well scupper this challenge though.
    Yes its a larger Waitrose in Hanwell.Reasonably prices for the beers .

Tell a lie .Was up in Dundee (on my own) for my sisters funeral last week so had a good scoop but mostly keg and ticked 5pubs.Buried her on Thursday and her daughter (my neice ) dropped down dead with an aneurysm on Monday so may be back again . Sad times. cheers
    That's terrible. I'm not surprised your wife doesn't want you going to the pub. Take care - both of you.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Still not getting out much but London is a cask desert where I have been.Going to take a long time before London pubs start stocking the full cask range. Thank god for keg.
    Last edited by london calling; 23-09-2020 at 21:02.