Ads not shown when logged in
Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Stocked up for the bank holiday weekend, which I'm sure will be very busy in the Boots (aka my garage = Public Bar or the front room = Saloon Bar), today I had a delivery of two mini-kegs of Rudgate Ruby Mild (the neighbours have commented on how often a Rudgate van comes up our quiet cul-de-sac). Also got a few slabs from Roosters due tomorrow.
    I'd forgotten about Easter! I'm struggling to remember which day is which. I'm getting two boxes of ELB Cowcatcher tomorrow. They've dropped their prices and are doing free local deliveries while the rest of them seem to be retaining their pub or crafty off licence prices.
    These five litre kegs look a good option but do you have a fridge large enough to put one in? I can put up with cold beer but not warm.

Default Tonight at Sheffield Hatters Inn

This bag-in-a-box idea is a good one, but it doesn't result in any good photos. Apart from anything else, the box is fairly boring, and then the pouring requires two hands, which makes photography a bit tricky if you don't want to drop the glass.

I interspersed a couple of pints of the Stancill Porter 4.4% with a bottle of Tollgate Duffield Amber 4.6%. This was not as well conditioned as the same brewery's Old Rasputin from the other day. Perhaps it was a bit too warm. We live and learn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 08-04-2020 at 22:27.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'd forgotten about Easter!
    But the pubs will be on reduced hours on Good Friday ...................OH

I'd forgotten about Easter!
    These five litre kegs look a good option but do you have a fridge large enough to put one in? I can put up with cold beer but not warm.
    My garage is cool enough at present, I would recommend drinking in two days, mine are real ale and need a few days settling before opening. They obviously need a stable base and being sedimented you will have half a pint or so waste in the bottom. Later on a small fridge will be useful, they're about 18" high and 10" wide.

This Space For Hire

Yesterday's special was a couple of tins of Eden River Yuzu Juice, picked up at Morrison's remaindered pile for a £1 a go! An extremely bitter, citrus IPA with grapefruit and tangerine as well as the eponymous yuzu, which was quite drinkable after having got past the first kick in the face. Might be nice on a hot summer's day but I can't say I will be seeking it out. Unless it's still £1 a tin...
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

I put my keg of Harveys in the fridge at first, but it's too cold in there. It lost condition and the flavour was badly affected. So instead I took it out about two hours before pouring, which improved it on both counts, without the beer being too warm to drink.

For my next one, I'm leaving it in a cupboard which doesn't get much sun. Hopefully this will help to maintain optimum temperature.
    Come On You Hatters!

Currently enjoying this one from Vocation and Magic Rock
    20200409_191449.jpg
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 09-04-2020 at 19:42.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Making a serious dent in the stocks of Langport Bitter - might need another delivery very shortly.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Currently enjoying this one from Vocation and Magic Rock
    20200409_191449.jpg
    Is that pokey ? Two good brewers,does it work for you and where did you get it?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Yesterday's special was a couple of tins of Eden River Yuzu Juice, picked up at Morrison's remaindered pile for a £1 a go! An extremely bitter, citrus IPA with grapefruit and tangerine as well as the eponymous yuzu, which was quite drinkable after having got past the first kick in the face. Might be nice on a hot summer's day but I can't say I will be seeking it out. Unless it's still £1 a tin...
    Well worth a pound.Found this was a good beer but a bit tart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Is that pokey ? Two good brewers,does it work for you and where did you get it?
    Yes 7.0%, a lovely drop of stuff, Tescos I think, possibly Morrisons.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields