Ads not shown when logged in
Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

This Space For Hire

Also had
    bbno -50 apa 8.0/10

fourpure last train stout 7.5/10
    vocation -blueberry waffle stout 8.0/10
    hammertons -peanut butter stout 8.5/10 the more times I have tried this the more I like it)

This Space For Hire

Also had
    howling hops -shout mode 8/10
    from one of these keg machines I had
    tiny rebel -club Tropicana 7/10
    goose island -session ipa 7.25/10

This Space For Hire

only two poor beer both from
    bad co -off tempo 6/10
    the other I forgot to record.

This Space For Hire

Shared some of those beers and a few others.Woke up with a sore head on Friday.Somehow in my drunken state I bashed my head between leaving my diningroom and getting into bed.Tip -to remove blood from sheets and pillowcase wash in cold water then hot water.Next week tips on how to remove curry stains from your clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Woke up with a sore head on Friday.Somehow in my drunken state I bashed my head between leaving my diningroom and getting into bed.Tip -to remove blood from sheets and pillowcase wash in cold water then hot water.Next week tips on how to remove curry stains from your clothes.
    Thanks for the tip, John. Hope I never need to remember it!
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    only two poor beer both from
    bad co -off tempo 6/10
    the other I forgot to record.
    Bad Co Off Tempo is a whole range of different beers, I think. For instance, I've got DIPA 2 7.4% in my fridge (bought it last week at Morrisons), but there's also a milkshake IPA 5.8% (yuck), DIPA 3 7.4% and cloudy pale 6.1%. If the one that you thought was poor was the DIPA 2, please let me know and I'll pour it straight down the sink, because I trust you.
    Come On You Hatters!

Cider season is well underway, and I've replaced my daily pub visit with trips to local cider mills, what with this being Somerset. Not as good or as sociable as the real thing, but at least I get to take lots home.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Bad Co Off Tempo is a whole range of different beers, I think. For instance, I've got DIPA 2 7.4% in my fridge (bought it last week at Morrisons), but there's also a milkshake IPA 5.8% (yuck), DIPA 3 7.4% and cloudy pale 6.1%. If the one that you thought was poor was the DIPA 2, please let me know and I'll pour it straight down the sink, because I trust you.
    It was the DIPA 3 but it was up against some great beers so no reason why you cant enjoy it. Just had a funny taste.

Default Another beer tasting event at the Sheffield Hatter's Inn tonight

It's been a while, and these beers aren't going to drink themselves, so here I am with a line up of three seemingly very different beers: the only thing they have in common is they are not Bass.

Northern Monk Order of Faith 6.0%
    Bad Co Off-Tempo 2 DIPA 7.4%
    Kirkstall Session IPA 4.5%

As before, I tried to keep the identities of the beers, if not hidden, then at least easy to forget. But this time they are so different in appearance that I couldn't by any stretch of the imagination make out that I didn't know which was which. However, I'll try to keep the secret by referring to them as A, B and C - though not necessarily in the correct order.

Beer A did its best to climb out of the can when I pulled the tab, and poured a frothy head which soon settled down. It is moderately hazy, with quite a dark orange colour. It has a fruity smell to it, with what I decided was pineapple predominant, but having burned an incense stick in my sitting room a few days ago, I may be misleading myself. On tasting, it's quite well balanced, with a pleasant fizz on the tongue. The finish is slightly bitter, with a hint of orange.

Beer B was also lively, and the head lasted longer. It is pale and murky, with that look about it that says they haven't bothered with malt and hops, but just stuck with grapefruit juice. On the nose it's grapefruity, with what some people would say was a hint of garlic. In the mouth it's so gloopy that it could be the contents of a spittoon; only kidding, it was actually quite pleasant. Clearly not a fruit juice though, which is good: it's malty so it must be a beer! Slightly fizzy but again pleasantly so, with a bit of complexity coming through (this was about half an hour after taking it out of the fridge). Quite a bit of flavour still remaining in the aftertaste, and a bit of pithy bitterness from the grapefruit, er I mean whichever hops are making with the grapefruit impersonation.

Beer C was content to be poured without making a fuss, and didn't retain much in the way of head. Almost transparent, though this wasn't immediately apparent, as the glass was covered in condensation (beats condescension any day). A fairly run-of-the-mill aroma, citrus and pineapple if pushed, but the mouth feel was dominated by carbon dioxide. It looks, feels and tastes like one of those beers that is designed to appeal to lager drinkers. (Afraid you might taste something, lager boy?) Consequently, it has a sweetish finish, and leaves me looking around for some mouthwash.

Do you know what they are yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    It's been a while, and these beers aren't going to drink themselves, so here I am with a line up of three seemingly very different beers: the only thing they have in common is they are not Bass.

Northern Monk Order of Faith 6.0%
    Bad Co Off-Tempo 2 DIPA 7.4%
    Kirkstall Session IPA 4.5%

As before, I tried to keep the identities of the beers, if not hidden, then at least easy to forget. But this time they are so different in appearance that I couldn't by any stretch of the imagination make out that I didn't know which was which. However, I'll try to keep the secret by referring to them as A, B and C - though not necessarily in the correct order.

Beer A did its best to climb out of the can when I pulled the tab, and poured a frothy head which soon settled down. It is moderately hazy, with quite a dark orange colour. It has a fruity smell to it, with what I decided was pineapple predominant, but having burned an incense stick in my sitting room a few days ago, I may be misleading myself. On tasting, it's quite well balanced, with a pleasant fizz on the tongue. The finish is slightly bitter, with a hint of orange.

Beer B was also lively, and the head lasted longer. It is pale and murky, with that look about it that says they haven't bothered with malt and hops, but just stuck with grapefruit juice. On the nose it's grapefruity, with what some people would say was a hint of garlic. In the mouth it's so gloopy that it could be the contents of a spittoon; only kidding, it was actually quite pleasant. Clearly not a fruit juice though, which is good: it's malty so it must be a beer! Slightly fizzy but again pleasantly so, with a bit of complexity coming through (this was about half an hour after taking it out of the fridge). Quite a bit of flavour still remaining in the aftertaste, and a bit of pithy bitterness from the grapefruit, er I mean whichever hops are making with the grapefruit impersonation.

Beer C was content to be poured without making a fuss, and didn't retain much in the way of head. Almost transparent, though this wasn't immediately apparent, as the glass was covered in condensation (beats condescension any day). A fairly run-of-the-mill aroma, citrus and pineapple if pushed, but the mouth feel was dominated by carbon dioxide. It looks, feels and tastes like one of those beers that is designed to appeal to lager drinkers. (Afraid you might taste something, lager boy?) Consequently, it has a sweetish finish, and leaves me looking around for some mouthwash.

Do you know what they are yet?
    Not tried any of these beers so just guessing,
    A - Bad Co
    b- Northern Monk
    c- Kirkstall
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields