Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Whats your job and is it safe.

Hybrid View

This Space For Hire

Default Whats your job and is it safe.

Looks like a lot of people are going to lose their jobs with this virus.I do maintence jobs for local estate agents. My work load will diminish as people wont want any non essential repairs done but I should be able to find some work. I am over 65 so get a pension so should be alright.Already a lot of the tenants on zero hours contracts have contacted the landlords to say they cant pay the rent and will need at least 3 months rent holiday. Hard times ahead for some.cheers john

I'm retired and on an occupational pension, however with the inflation that's likely to come soon things could get very much worse for me. It will be worse for a lot of people as many companies are going to fail and a loan from the Government won't save them. Dark days ahead, maybe decades more austerity and recession.

I might have to go back to working for a living

Prescription pricer - paying the chemists for the prescription drugs they dispense. At the moment still working in the office while they attempt to figure out if we can work from home. I was meant to be down in London next month for a concert.
    Last edited by hondo; 23-03-2020 at 11:10.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

Risk management in energy industry. Difficult to say right now, but some in the office have got key worker documentation so they can use schools.

Assistant manager on a plant nursery, I suspect we may be shut down soon, the general public for the most part seemed oblivious to the current situation and current advice.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Driver for a Wine Merchant and Wholesaler , 95% of business is delivering to Pubs/Clubs/Restaurants , got laid off today , hopefully the Goverment will stick to paying the 80% of wages they promised .

Mrs has already got a mammoth list of jobs around the house/garden for me to do .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

IT engineer, working for the NHS so job should be safe for the moment but who knows what might happen?
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Looks like a lot of people are going to lose their jobs with this virus.I do maintence jobs for local estate agents. My work load will diminish as people wont want any non essential repairs done but I should be able to find some work. I am over 65 so get a pension so should be alright.Already a lot of the tenants on zero hours contracts have contacted the landlords to say they cant pay the rent and will need at least 3 months rent holiday. Hard times ahead for some.cheers john
    Change of plan.I am coming in contact with too many people so did my last job today.Just have to tough it out.Spent £160 on paint today so the house is going to get redecorated. Busmans holiday as they say.

This Space For Hire

Very, very glad to be retired (apart from a little freelance writing) but thinking of all those who are not so lucky. Fascinating array of jobs we all have though.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement