Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are you going to do now ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    What shall I do today?

.....or Helston??.

Or maybe a visit to my Psychiatrist!
    I think you've got that one right!
    Come On You Hatters!

I'm half way through devising a self indulgent quiz with questions about beer in early CAMRA days, Classic Rock and railways in the steam era. Should I post it or are eyes glazing over? Apologies to our younger viewers!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm half way through devising a self indulgent quiz with questions about beer in early CAMRA days, Classic Rock and railways in the steam era. Should I post it or are eyes glazing over? Apologies to our younger viewers!
    yeah post it.I know everthingaboutbeer but little about those things especially railways.Bring it on.

Well, that's it, last of my backlog of reviews. Indeed, what shall I do now?
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Yes bring it on.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Sounds good, though my knowledge of Steam is limited,and Rock after about 1975.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Sounds good, though my knowledge of Steam is limited,and Rock after about 1975.
    I've heard of The Flying Scotsman, Mallard and Golden Arrow, that's about it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I've heard of The Flying Scotsman, Mallard and Golden Arrow, that's about it.
    When Ashford Cattle Market was held in the old town centre site the Golden Arrrow sped past en route to Folkestone and the continent:that was the limit of my Train spotting.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I've resurrected two computer related things Train Simulation and old Arcade games.
    Way back at the turn of the century something called MSTS was released. It's the Microsoft Train Simulator and there were vast quantities of commercial and freeware content produced for it. In later years it has been overtaken by Open Rails, a freeware program that reads NSTS content and irons out many of the numerous problems with it as well as having better graphics. I'm getting near Aberystwyth with a GWR Dukedog 3214 on a stopping service from Shrewsbury.
    There's a program called MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator) which reads ROMS that were rescued from old machines and transferred to a file that the program picks up. I really need a decent joystick and game controller so will be looking at Amazon for that. Some of my favourites are Galaxians, Space Firebirds, Mr Do and Bomb Jack. In case you're wondering, I'm useless at them but just need to press 5 rather than fork out 10p!