Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you going to do now ?

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

At least all the canals and rivers are open,but with no pubs or curry houses open there is much less incentive to navigate.

In Berkhamsted at present and doing my statutory 1km every 14 days.Will refresh the paintwork internally and if the sun shines and it warms up a bit, will tackle the exterior .Thankfully decent bottled and canned beer is readily available in the supermarkets even if the slabs of Stella have been gobbled by the panic buyers.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 22-03-2020 at 16:00.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Libraries round our way are all closed but they have an electronic service with lots of downloadable books, magazines and newspapers. I'm sure most other libraries have similar systems.

https://library.warwickshire.gov.uk/...ls?surl=eBooks
    Thanks,just checked and there are quite a few sites to download books although I have in the past tried to read on a kindle but struggled to engage in the book.Any port in a storm though. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Our village club has now switched to offering take-outs, including seven cask ales at the moment... and I know that, nearer London, the Orpington Liberal Club is now operating a similar scheme.
    The club seems to be doing very well in its new incarnation, and both pubs in the village have also started doing a food and drinks takeaway service.

This Space For Hire

With these new takeout services popping up, what's the deal with just sitting and drinking in any front seating area the pub has as if it was a warm summers evening? Especially if I've arrived with my own vessel to purchase a pint as some are insisting on?

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    With these new takeout services popping up, what's the deal with just sitting and drinking in any front seating area the pub has as if it was a warm summers evening? Especially if I've arrived with my own vessel to purchase a pint as some are insisting on?
    The general Idea is takeaway, I did so with a couple of pints last night. It's not the same drinking at home. It may of course all be null and void very soon if and when all non essential operations will probably be shut down.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 23-03-2020 at 06:52.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

I probably spend slightly more time in the gym than in pubs and that's my two main hobbies gone. Will continue training at home or on random scaffolding, and switch to more craft cans.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    The club seems to be doing very well in its new incarnation, and both pubs in the village have also started doing a food and drinks takeaway service.
    Well, that plan is now down the tubes too...

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    "This means people can continue to enter premises to access takeaway services, including delivery drivers. Planning regulation will be changed to enable restaurants, cafes and pubs which do not currently offer delivery and hot food takeaway to do so.This will be clearly communicated by the government when in effect. People must not consume food or drinks on site at restaurants, cafes or pubs whilst waiting for takeaway food"

https://assets.publishing.service.go..._-_finalVF.pdf

Things must be getting serious - we spent almost the whole day in the garage, sorting / tidying / clearing out, a task so tedious that we can only have considered doing it as distraction therapy!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    What shall I do today?

After a few beers at home I will go on a virtual pub crawl of somewhere. I will read all the reviews and look at all the photos of each pub.
    Without having to drink or pay for the beer I should manage a Double Winfield. I think I will start with Preston!
    After about 12+ beers at home, I will think I am in the pub and start talking to myself (and answering!)

Later, i shall go on YouTube and have a virtual train ride home. If I do my usual trick and fall asleep beyond my home station, it won't matter because I will wake up at home, probably looking up to the ceiling.
    Then I will have my cup of OXO and remember Preston.

What shall I do Tomorrow.
    Maybe Lincoln?......or Norwich?.....or Helston??. Even all three?
    All so much easier and cheaper than going out.

Or maybe a visit to my Psychiatrist!
    Nice one . cheers