Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you going to do now ?

Default What are you going to do now ?

Now that the news has broken that all pubs are to close tonight what are you going to do?

It's no secret that you are all addicted to going to the pub but do you have any other hobbies to fill the long days ahead ?

I am right up the creek with no football or pubs. I was a little lost last weekend without the match but this weekend will be worse.

I am still working and haven't had to self isolate yet. There are just over 100 at my work and we have 18 off so far due to the virus one way or the other.

These are strange days indeed....

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire

Pubs shutting is a disaster for me.No sport -gutted as its the only thing I watch on tv. But my biggest worry is they might shut the libraries.I read 5 books a week and will struggle to cope.I think the closing of pubs,restraurants ,cafes etc is going to harm peoples mental well being and they should have restricted the opening hours and the amount of people let in first before they went for a total ban.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    But my biggest worry is they might shut the libraries.I read 5 books a week and will struggle to cope.
    Libraries round our way are all closed but they have an electronic service with lots of downloadable books, magazines and newspapers. I'm sure most other libraries have similar systems.

https://library.warwickshire.gov.uk/...ls?surl=eBooks
    Last edited by NickDavies; 20-03-2020 at 21:59.

Probably take up fishing again.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Probably take up fishing again.
    You won't catch me out with your dodgy emails!!!
    I was due a final visit before the op to the local Rose & Crown but I've been told it closed at 19:00 tonight. I'll get my own body weight in of cans from Tesco instead. The beer shelves show the mentality of the hoarders. All the boxes of crap from the likes of Mouldy Corpse have gone but stuff worth drinking is in good supply. The one exception is the new Roaster Coaster but that's because it's a runaway success. Note to LD, there was one 5 litre keg of Doom Bore left.

Home brew. Friends creeping in across the fields in camouflage. A hostelry somewhere in the wilds with a 'closed' sign on the front door and an unlocked side entrance. More home brew in the man-cave.

Waste out the back-log of reviews, which should take until some time in May.
    Last edited by ETA; 20-03-2020 at 23:51.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire

Clean my kickboards in my kitchen that I removed 2 weeks ago and haven't got round to cleaning yet.

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Don’t know, since travelling around is out of the question for a while. I’m working from home during the week but staying put 24/7 is something I find very testing.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    A hostelry somewhere in the wilds with a 'closed' sign on the front door and an unlocked side entrance. .
    I did wonder in another thread if those places which double as the village shop might, how should I put it, let the locals watch their Sky Sport for an hour while they pack their groceries.

I'll stay on me own

We’re lucky that we have just moved, so have tons of outside space and an endless list of jobs to do. The downside is that we have no kitchen at the moment, and had planned on eating out a lot more…

I live about ten minutes from the Thatcher’s plant, so I went over to their shop on Tuesday to stock up with some emergency supplies. Mrs B works for a drinks company and normally gets me Orchard Pig in their staff shop, but she was told she had to work from home indefinitely before getting the chance to stock up. A bit of a shame as that’s a lot cheaper.

I too am working from home until further notice. Very strange times indeed.