Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you going to do now ?

Just Missed the Round

I've mowed the grass today. Was due out tonight but obviously that won't be happening. Thankfully I have accumulated a decent stash of beer over recent months, so I shall still be able to partake at home with a decent varied selection at my disposal. I'm already craving a pint of cask ale in a pub and they haven't even been shut for 24 hours yet... I think it's a case of knowing you can't have it!

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I'm already craving a pint of cask ale in a pub and they haven't even been shut for 24 hours yet... I think it's a case of knowing you can't have it!
    Our village club has now switched to offering take-outs, including seven cask ales at the moment... and I know that, nearer London, the Orpington Liberal Club is now operating a similar scheme.

We've already started cleaning the hose from top-to-bottom. Will probably end-up with four or five bags of stuff for the charity shop with no open one to take them too!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Apparently, all Ossett Brewery pub are opening every day 4-9 pm for takeout sales. For draught beer, take your own clean containers to be filled.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

The Boot Inn, Orleton is trying to be enterprising - for the time being. If only I lived nearby...
    Last edited by Tris39; 21-03-2020 at 19:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    The Boot Inn, Orleton is trying to be enterprising - for the time being. If only I lived nearby...
    They must have sent you an email, try this, I'm too far away as well but many local pubs and breweries are doing takeway and a few home deliveries. Rudgate will deliver a nine with handpump for £110, if you live in the HG or YO postcode areas.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    We've already started cleaning the hose from top-to-bottom. Will probably end-up with four or five bags of stuff for the charity shop with no open one to take them too!
    You must have a big hose.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    You must have a big hose.
    "U" must have a big hose!
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

At home at the moment working on some potions and concoctions, to find a cure for this virus so that we can all go out again...
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

What shall I do today?

After a few beers at home I will go on a virtual pub crawl of somewhere. I will read all the reviews and look at all the photos of each pub.
    Without having to drink or pay for the beer I should manage a Double Winfield. I think I will start with Preston!
    After about 12+ beers at home, I will think I am in the pub and start talking to myself (and answering!)

Later, i shall go on YouTube and have a virtual train ride home. If I do my usual trick and fall asleep beyond my home station, it won't matter because I will wake up at home, probably looking up to the ceiling.
    Then I will have my cup of OXO and remember Preston.

What shall I do Tomorrow.
    Maybe Lincoln?......or Norwich?.....or Helston??. Even all three?
    All so much easier and cheaper than going out.

Or maybe a visit to my Psychiatrist!