Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 8th March 2020)

  1. #11
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    A quiet week spent locally :-


    Crouch Vale Blackwater Mild 3.7%
    Salopian Chameleon 3.8%
    Southwark Routemaster Red 4.2%
    Wimbledon Pitbull 4.5%
    Siren Undercurrent 4.5%
    Ilkley Rongo 4.8%
    Mad Squirrel Sapling Session IPA 4.8%
    Southwark CF185 5.0%
    Brewdog Punk IPA (keg) 5.4%
    Mad Squirrel Big Swa 5.5%
    Alphabeta Viking In The Woods 6.0%

    Although not outstanding the Southwark CF185 was as good as any. I assume the CF185 is a new hop It was £2.19 in the Wanstead George. The real winner was the new Tesco Roaster Coaster Stout at £3.50 a tin. This is a 9% coffee/chocolate/vanilla milk stout that includes a nitrogen widget. It appears to be a collaboration between Brewdog USA and Evil Twin. I loved it and found it extremely drinkable for the strength.
    Nevertheless, the cask gets the gong.

    BOTW Southwark CF185

  2. #12
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    Hertzog jan-grande prestige 2019
    de molen -bean and gone
    pohala-imp stout
    jw lees -stout
    three sods -session ipa
    Orkney -dark island
    fierce -peach fuzz
    beatnik -Canadian riot
    71 brewing cloud fall
    loch Lomond -black rain
    loch lomond -lost in mosaic
    loch Lomond-southern summit
    ridgeside -milky joe
    anarchy -meltdown expected
    twisted wheel -tenpin
    by the river -broon
    gorgeous -gravediggers
    howling hops -new old London
    Pomona -session ipa
    saltaire -harbour lights
    howling hops -cut it out
    tapstone -hop wire
    fullers grove glider
    salopian -golden thread
    first chop -rolee
    anarchy -invaders dream
    botw
    anarchy -moose mousse in the Euston Tap

  3. #13
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    A quiet week spent locally :-


    Crouch Vale Blackwater Mild 3.7%
    Salopian Chameleon 3.8%
    Southwark Routemaster Red 4.2%
    Wimbledon Pitbull 4.5%
    Siren Undercurrent 4.5%
    Ilkley Rongo 4.8%
    Mad Squirrel Sapling Session IPA 4.8%
    Southwark CF185 5.0%
    Brewdog Punk IPA (keg) 5.4%
    Mad Squirrel Big Swa 5.5%
    Alphabeta Viking In The Woods 6.0%

    Although not outstanding the Southwark CF185 was as good as any. I assume the CF185 is a new hop It was £2.19 in the Wanstead George. The real winner was the new Tesco Roaster Coaster Stout at £3.50 a tin. This is a 9% coffee/chocolate/vanilla milk stout that includes a nitrogen widget. It appears to be a collaboration between Brewdog USA and Evil Twin. I loved it and found it extremely drinkable for the strength.
    Nevertheless, the cask gets the gong.

    BOTW Southwark CF185
    I would be interested to know if that was Alphabeta brewery or Alphabet brewery. Alphabeta London brewpub closed about 9 months ago but may have restarted. cheers

  4. #14
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I would be interested to know if that was Alphabeta brewery or Alphabet brewery. Alphabeta London brewpub closed about 9 months ago but may have restarted. cheers
    I wrote "Alphabeta" down but of course that's irrelevant as it was my final pint of the day!!
    It was in the E17 Bell and I was told some years ago that the Alphabeta brewer was involved in Ugandan discussions with the chef of the pub. Is it a cuckoo brewery as I believe it was before? Untappd agrees with Alphabeta but that could also be unreliable.

  5. #15
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I wrote "Alphabeta" down but of course that's irrelevant as it was my final pint of the day!!
    It was in the E17 Bell and I was told some years ago that the Alphabeta brewer was involved in Ugandan discussions with the chef of the pub. Is it a cuckoo brewery as I believe it was before? Untappd agrees with Alphabeta but that could also be unreliable.
    Alphabeta was the brewery in Pittcue restaurant in London.Probably cuckoo brewing at another brewery.Didnt like any of the beers I tried. cheers

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2020, 06:39
  2. Beer of the Week (w/e 1st March 2020)
    By ROBCamra in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-03-2020, 20:04
  3. Beer of the Week (w/e 9th February 2020)
    By ROBCamra in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-2020, 20:04
  4. Beer of the Week (w/e 2nd February 2020)
    By ROBCamra in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2020, 22:26
  5. Beer of the Week (w/e 5th January 2020)
    By ROBCamra in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-01-2020, 04:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •