Ads not shown when logged in
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Coronavirus affecting pub trade?

Spritzer Swallower

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Whatever your political colourings, you'd be hard-pressed to find a normal person who would disagree that the management of this crisis over the last few weeks has been shambolic.
    order out of chaos N.W.O!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Would the majority here be that bothered if a pub with garden were to open, presumably just for table service or somesuch? Good for the business to start slowly selling again but, unlike some of my friends who head directly outside on a decent day, I've never been that keen on pub gardens - I'd rather appreciate the pub itself, indoors.
    I may take a look out of interest, but think I would be better off in my own little garden - at least I can use the loo here...

I do appreciate that I'm lucky to have a small outdoor space, so the appeal of a pub garden to those in flats etc could be greater...

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post

Whatever your political colourings, you'd be hard-pressed to find a normal person who would disagree that the management of this crisis over the last few weeks has been shambolic.
    I don't think it's been as good as shambolic.
    Last edited by oldboots; 10-06-2020 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Would the majority here be that bothered if a pub with garden were to open, presumably just for table service or somesuch? Good for the business to start slowly selling again but, unlike some of my friends who head directly outside on a decent day, I've never been that keen on pub gardens - I'd rather appreciate the pub itself, indoors.
    They'd have a fight to keep me out.

Would prefer to be inside generally but if the garden's all that's on offer, I'm in! Or out?
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post

Would prefer to be inside generally but if the garden's all that's on offer, I'm in! Or out?
    Absolutely. One of our favourite retirement activities is afternoons nosing out rural pubs. Too often these days the insides are hostile to those who just want a drink (all tables laid, "are you dining with us?") - but never a problem in the garden.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 10-06-2020 at 13:15.

I may take a look out of interest, but think I would be better off in my own little garden - at least I can use the loo here...

I do appreciate that I'm lucky to have a small outdoor space, so the appeal of a pub garden to those in flats etc could be greater...
    I'd certainly have a look (and a pint) but I won't be queuing up for the privilege supermarket style.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Opening time on day one for me!

This Space For Hire

[QUOTE=Quinno;109702 Lockdown in Reading is basically over based on my shopping trip this morning - "if Cummings and the Bonking Boffin ignored it, then why should anyone else adhere to it".
    Whatever your political colourings, you'd be hard-pressed to find a normal person who would disagree that the management of this crisis over the last few weeks has been shambolic.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Primrose Hill is now like Glastonbury on a sunny day but with more people, louder music and more drugs.

...unlike some of my friends who head directly outside on a decent day, I've never been that keen on pub gardens - I'd rather appreciate the pub itself, indoors.

Yes. I used to love beer gardens but can't remember the last time I used one. I don't have a garden (just a view over a 20-space car park) but I've loads of huge parks within a 40-minute walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Opening time on day one for me!
    Yup. Waiting for the chequered flag!

This Space For Hire

Queens in Lytham doing take out from tomorrow. Drinks can be taken on to the Green right outside. Pretty much pubs open then, just go dehydrated and/or make sure you are a local.

Large bladders will be a good commodity to have. I remember once getting through five pints before breaking the seal.

Real Ale Drinker

A number of bars on Seel St and in the Baltic area (Liverpool) are open but only for outdoor drinking. Sadly all these pubs/bars are fizzpop shite. Still, any port and all that.