Ads not shown when logged in
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Coronavirus affecting pub trade?

I love a good conspiracy theory me, grassy knoll, moon landings filmed in a studio, Area 51, you name it I love them.

Saw a good one on Freeview ch23 the other day, apparently the Titanic's sister ship Olympic was very badly damaged in a collision with a Royal Navy ship but the insurers wouldn't pay out. So White Star had it returned to Belfast for repairs but they swapped identities with the Titanic which was about to be launched and it was supposed to sink in the Atlantic (they didn't explain how) and the Californian would be standing by to rescue everyone. Plan B was the well documented fire in one of the coal bunkers being allowed to spread. Bruce Ismay and JP Morgan apparently cooked up this insurance fiddle and Captain Smith, the officers of the "Titanic" and Captain Lord of the Califorian were all in on the scam. Not only them but the Government fearing trouble with Harland & Wolf going bust with a European war looming and the growing unrest in Ulster fixed the inquiry.

That's what I call a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I love a good conspiracy theory me, grassy knoll, moon landings filmed in a studio, Area 51, you name it I love them.

Saw a good one on Freeview ch23 the other day, apparently the Titanic's sister ship Olympic was very badly damaged in a collision with a Royal Navy ship but the insurers wouldn't pay out. So White Star had it returned to Belfast for repairs but they swapped identities with the Titanic which was about to be launched and it was supposed to sink in the Atlantic (they didn't explain how) and the Californian would be standing by to rescue everyone. Plan B was the well documented fire in one of the coal bunkers being allowed to spread. Bruce Ismay and JP Morgan apparently cooked up this insurance fiddle and Captain Smith, the officers of the "Titanic" and Captain Lord of the Califorian were all in on the scam. Not only them but the Government fearing trouble with Harland & Wolf going bust with a European war looming and the growing unrest in Ulster fixed the inquiry.

That's what I call a conspiracy theory.
    Carpathia, I think. Otherwise the whole thing is watertight. (Oops!)
    Come On You Hatters!

Well, we all love a good conspiracy theory. But the Kennedy assassination is the one where the official explanation is totally beyond belief. (Retires behind grassy knoll to avoid incoming rotten tomatoes.)
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by flatcap View Post
    video wont play!
    The pub featured is The Beeches which looks like a terrible pub anyway, given that it's part of GK's Hungry Horse chain.

Try this link then click on the second link below the 5 dire warnings of what's in store:
    https://www.greeneking.co.uk/newsroo...-safety-first/

This Space For Hire

Don't forget 11/9 either:

Remote controlled planes packed with explosives.
    Twin Towers constructed with built-in demolition charges.
    No real evidence of an aircraft at the Pentagon.
    No CCTV pointing skyward at the Pentagon.
    Jewish people warned not to go to work, etc.

Spritzer Swallower

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post

Try this link then click on the second link below the 5 dire warnings of what's in store:
    https://www.greeneking.co.uk/newsroo...-safety-first/
    The alternative media where saying in Febuary that there was to be hard lock down soon and the world your favorate pubs and resturants will never ever go back to the way they used to be; they will be a facist controlled area. And I guess greene king new all this. Well they have have been talking about lockdown for years then obvuisly it has been planned for year Hello!

I wonder what marking oppotunities there are for promoting alternative media in a pub, where I have no TV only live streaming though a computer screen the likes of david ickes channel

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Carpathia, I think. Otherwise the whole thing is watertight. (Oops!)
    Carpathia was the Cunard ship that picked up survivors but Californian was a ship that was closer and ignored the distress rockets, Captain Lord was condemned at the inquiry. I never worked forCunard by the way .

Carpathia was the Cunard ship that picked up survivors but Californian was a ship that was closer and ignored the distress rockets, Captain Lord was condemned at the inquiry. I never worked forCunard by the way .
    Thanks for that. I'd forgotten that the sinking happened in North Yorkshire.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by flatcap View Post
    The alternative media where saying in Febuary that there was to be hard lock down soon and the world your favorate pubs and resturants will never ever go back to the way they used to be; they will be a facist controlled area. And I guess greene king new all this. Well they have have been talking about lockdown for years then obvuisly it has been planned for year Hello!

I wonder what marking oppotunities there are for promoting alternative media in a pub, where I have no TV only live streaming though a computer screen the likes of david ickes channel
    You usually get more truth from alternative media these days than the mainstream alphabet news.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Pubs like this do not interest me at all, if this is all there will be initially, I'll wait.
    Actually, on reflection the signs which mark the way to the bar are a great idea - one of my main gripes about pubs is that it takes me an age to find the bar.