Ads not shown when logged in
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Coronavirus affecting pub trade?

This Space For Hire

Just got my copy of Wots Bruin. About 90% of the content is now meaningless. It probably went to print a week or so ago but I do wonder why they bothered mailing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Just got my copy of Wots Bruin. About 90% of the content is now meaningless. It probably went to print a week or so ago but I do wonder why they bothered mailing it out.
    Got mine too, there is one letter from another planet that made me splutter.

Just Missed the Round

Default Prohibition notice for pub breaching coronavirus restrictions in Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Got mine too, there is one letter from another planet that made me splutter.
    That's how I felt after reading the final part of the editorial. I'm not saying any more!!
    I thought I would easily recognise the letter you mention but couldn't. Is it about cask prices, the head on a beer or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    That's how I felt after reading the final part of the editorial. I'm not saying any more!!
    I thought I would easily recognise the letter you mention but couldn't. Is it about cask prices, the head on a beer or something else?
    I thought it was probably the guy who thought a 20% mark up on a cask of beer was adequate for someone running a pub in London.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Is it about cask prices, ...?
    Yes, the Essex one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I thought it was probably the guy who thought a 20% mark up on a cask of beer was adequate for someone running a pub in London.
    A guy who appears totally innocent of how much running a business costs and not just in London. A pub running on a 20% "mark up" would probably close within weeks, certainly after the first energy bill, rent or business rates demand.

A guy who appears totally innocent of how much running a business costs and not just in London. A pub running on a 20% "mark up" would probably close within weeks, certainly after the first energy bill, rent or business rates demand.
    Cuckoo land springs to mind.
    -W.C.Fields

In fact a first for me, I just sent a letter (email) in reply to WB, the fellas obviously a clown, though I didn't put it in those words.
    I must be getting bored.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    That's clearly wrong anywhere in the world, however he was making a valid point about the £4.90 price tag on Landlord. It's less than that in the local Bell where it's supposed to be a regular beer. Wetherspoons dropped Taylor's because they were charging so much more than other brewers. I was told way back in the 1970s by a Robinson tenant in Wales that they charged roughly three times what the beer costs.
    Last edited by Aqualung; 27-03-2020 at 10:23.