Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Area name with full stop

Default Area name with full stop

I've been looking at some pubs in Northern Ireland. Two of them in Carnlough (Londonderry Arms Hotel and The Glencloy Inn) were added to an area called Carnlough. (i.e. with a full stop accidentally added). The other two were added to Carnlough (without a full stop). I removed the two full stop pubs from Carnlough-with-a-stop but when I tried to add them to the non-full stop area, I got this error message: "Your request for an alteration could not be stored at this time, please try again later".

I would have sent a PM to Dave, but he doesn't seem to be receiving PMs - or maybe it's just mine that he doesn't pick up!
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I've been looking at some pubs in Northern Ireland. Two of them in Carnlough (Londonderry Arms Hotel and The Glencloy Inn) were added to an area called Carnlough. (i.e. with a full stop accidentally added). The other two were added to Carnlough (without a full stop). I removed the two full stop pubs from Carnlough-with-a-stop but when I tried to add them to the non-full stop area, I got this error message: "Your request for an alteration could not be stored at this time, please try again later".

I would have sent a PM to Dave, but he doesn't seem to be receiving PMs - or maybe it's just mine that he doesn't pick up!
    This cropped up ages ago, and I think that an earlier area alteration must have been 'referred to Admin', meaning that any further corrections are effectively locked out until fixed by Dave. I can't now remember whether I reported this at the time, but the full-stop version may have been a work-around that I tried.