Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Summer 2020 crawl - possible venues

  1. #31
    This Space For Hire AlanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ruabon, Wrexham
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

    Helston anyone? (it's in the South).
    I can get to Helston on two trains (plus a bus from Redruth!) 295miles

    Lincoln takes five trains! 121miles. Only an hour quicker but less than half the distance!

  2. #32
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Hmm not impossible but not sure on how regular the buses are bearing in mind the Wonston doesn't open till 5 pm during the week.
    There is no bus to Wonston village: Sutton Scotney is the nearest, about 15 mins walk away. I was thinking more of sharing taxi/minibus.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

  3. #33
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    There is no bus to Wonston village: Sutton Scotney is the nearest, about 15 mins walk away. I was thinking more of sharing taxi/minibus.
    A sensible option.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  4. #34
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    A sensible option.
    This would make Winchester a game changer for me but it would mean a Saturday visit and I would want to have an extended stay here rather than waste time going around expensive second rate pubs in Winchester.
    Do you have an estimate of what a cab would cost each way from Winchester Station?

  5. #35
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    This would make Winchester a game changer for me but it would mean a Saturday visit and I would want to have an extended stay here rather than waste time going around expensive second rate pubs in Winchester.
    Do you have an estimate of what a cab would cost each way from Winchester Station?
    Off the top of my head, no but a google search suggests about 20 quid one way for a taxi.
    A Saturday would suit me.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 29-02-2020 at 05:34.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  6. #36
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    I see that Egypt is nearby (this isn't a joke!). It looks like Micheldever is closer but I've seen people getting off the train there who look like they are about to hike to the South Pole.

  7. #37
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I see that Egypt is nearby (this isn't a joke!). It looks like Micheldever is closer but I've seen people getting off the train there who look like they are about to hike to the South Pole.
    Micheldever station isn't even close to Micheldever, but as you say it's closer to Wonston than Winchester is.

  8. #38
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Micheldever station isn't even close to Micheldever, but as you say it's closer to Wonston than Winchester is.
    Now lot of stopping trains at the formerly named Andover Rd
    Drink drink, whoever you may be,
    we are the drunk and disorderly,
    and we’ll drink more beer wherever we may be,
    and we’ll meet you all in a pub said he.

    Dr Busker

  9. #39
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,397

    Default

    Fecking predictive text- not a lot
    Drink drink, whoever you may be,
    we are the drunk and disorderly,
    and we’ll drink more beer wherever we may be,
    and we’ll meet you all in a pub said he.

    Dr Busker

  10. #40
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Micheldever station isn't even close to Micheldever, but as you say it's closer to Wonston than Winchester is.
    I looked for a cab office via google streets but couldn't see one so you'd probably get charged for getting a cab from Andover or Winchester. I noticed that Micheldever is way to the South of the station.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-01-2020, 11:02
  2. 2020 Spring Crawl to 'The North' (dates)
    By rpadam in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-01-2020, 00:47
  3. 2020 Spring Crawl to 'The North' (tie-breaker)
    By rpadam in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-12-2019, 20:46
  4. 2020 Spring Crawl to 'The North'
    By rpadam in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-12-2019, 20:45
  5. Autumn 2019 Shrewsbury Crawl Dates and Venues
    By oldboots in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 24-10-2019, 14:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •