Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foreign Beer. Is it all the same.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Btw, I hadn't realised that 'TNP' had been usurped as world's strongest beer, but the BrewDog boys have hit back - have a look at their vid for 41% (!!!) Sink the Bismark... http://www.brewdog.com/sink_the_bismark.php
    They've even moved on from that Trainman, and plumbed new depths in insensitivity. Check out this news story as posted in the Random News of the day thread yesterday
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    They look like the US equivalent of those nutters at Brewdog. One of their beers, at 7.2%, is called Arrogant Bastard, have a look at their sales pitch for it
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Hmmm. That sales line looks kinda familiar - see below...
    Now, to the one bit which cannot go unnoticed about BrewDog – their marketing. This bottles asserts itself with some teenage words of provocation:

“This is not a lowest common denomination beer. This is an aggressive beer. We don’t care if you don’t like it. We do not merely aspire to the proclaimed heady heights of conformity through neutrality or blandness. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste of the sophistication to appreciate the depth, character and quality of this premium craft beer. You probably don’t even care that this rebellious beer contains no preservatives and uses only the finest natural ingredients. Just go back to drinking you mass marketed, bland, cheaply made watered down lager, and close the door behind you”.

Btw, I hadn't realised that 'TNP' had been usurped as world's strongest beer, but the BrewDog boys have hit back - have a look at their vid for 41% (!!!) Sink the Bismark... http://www.brewdog.com/sink_the_bismark.php
    So who was first? My money's on Fraserburgh. Those crazy guys in Scotland make some damn fine beer and being an old nihilist I rather like their adverts.

It seems Amazon have a few books on foreign beer:

Travels with Barley: A Journey Through Beer Culture in America by Ken Wells
    Good Beer Guide to Munich and Bavaria by Graham Lees (CAMRA)
    Good Beer Guide Belgium by Tim Webb (CAMRA)

It seems the UK are one of the lucky few
    Waes hael!