Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Daytime Brewery Tap photos

Default Daytime Brewery Tap photos

This is a polite inquiry concerning photo submissions of daytime brewery taps and micro bars. Although lots do appear ugly with the shutters down a large majority of these only open at weekends.Yesterday i submitted 4 of this type which were all closed 1 from prestwich and 3 from railway arches close to Manchester Piccadilly railway station,with only the Alphabet Brewing Company escaping the censors which could be because there were benches outside. If this is now standard practice fair enough i have no problem with that as long as this applies to everyone.

Thanks
    Last edited by Wild Rover; 06-02-2020 at 17:48.

Don't see why they shouldn't be included, my external photo for this place was approved with shutters firmly closed, It was actually open, just didn't look like it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    This is a polite inquiry concerning photo submissions of daytime brewery taps and micro bars. Although lots do appear ugly with the shutters down a large majority of these only open at weekends.Yesterday i submitted 4 of this type which were all closed 1 from prestwich and 3 from railway arches close to Manchester Piccadilly railway station,with only the Alphabet Brewing Company escaping the censors which could be because there were benches outside. If this is now standard practice fair enough i have no problem with that as long as this applies to everyone.

Thanks
    As far as I am aware there's been no discussion about this and I don't know who has decided that a photo of a pub with its shutters down is not acceptable on the site. In my view, FWIW, it should be accepted but there's a case for suppressing it from appearing on the pub's main page. That's just my personal view. (The photo has not been deleted, but referred to Dave. It is possible for him to resurrect it, but I've no idea how often he looks at the discard pile, or what his view would be.)

Any other dwarfs got an opinion? Or Snow White?
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    As far as I am aware there's been no discussion about this and I don't know who has decided that a photo of a pub with its shutters down is not acceptable on the site. In my view, FWIW, it should be accepted but there's a case for suppressing it from appearing on the pub's main page. That's just my personal view. (The photo has not been deleted, but referred to Dave. It is possible for him to resurrect it, but I've no idea how often he looks at the discard pile, or what his view would be.)

Any other dwarfs got an opinion? Or Snow White?
    Pretty much my view too, as long as it's not crap in some other way I don't see a reason to refer it and I would only suppress it if there was a better picture available.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Pretty much my view too, as long as it's not crap in some other way I don't see a reason to refer it and I would only suppress it if there was a better picture available.
    Ditto.

This Space For Hire

Should certainly be included so far as I am concerned. For me the photo serves two main purposes: an aid to finding the pub, especially if it is an obscure frontage in an alley or somewhere, and a general indication of the sort of pub it is - large trad pub, shop conversion or whatever. A side benefit is nudging the old brain cells as to whether I have been there, without going to effort of looking it up. A 'closed' picture can do all of those.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Thanks for all your comments which i agree with 100% however they seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

I don't see a problem with them being included. I added this one - Kilder and it was well and truly closed at the time. Some of these places only open at odd times on odd days but it is better to have a closed picture than none at all.

Lets face it, there are plenty of pictures added of pubs that aren't pubs any more and are now shops, residential etc...

I am a salmon !!

Thanks for all your comments which i agree with 100% however they seem to have fallen on deaf ears.
    Maybe try re-submitting ? Sometimes the cogs work in a funny way.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields