Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Project William - Everards Excellent Innovation

Default Project William - Everards Excellent Innovation

I don't know if you guys are aware of this initiative by Everards, but some of our favourite pubs are part of this venture.

They include The Brunswick in Derby and The Fighting Cocks in Oakengates.

Everards in conjunction with a micro brewer buy a struggling or closed pub and then refurbish it.

Everards relax the tie on all cask ale except for one pump which must sell an Everards cask ale. The pub is tied on all other drinks.

There are 13 pubs in the scheme so far. I believe Titanic have three, Steaming Billy have two, Amber Ales, Ashover and White Horse have one each, plus the two above. Purity & Springhead are also involved I think.

What a fantastic idea this is, to allow a micro brewer to get themselves a brewery tap without all the expense they would normally incur at a critical time in their business plan. The micro brewer gets a guaranteed outlet for their beers and of course Everards do well out of the tie on the other drinks as well.

Congratulations to Everards for such a forward thinking idea.

This does of course explain why the Brunswick always have Everards Tiger on handpump alongside the other 16 or so handpumps. I don't think I've ever seen anyone buy a pint though.

http://www.everards.co.uk/news_events/news/260/
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Sounds like everybody wins. Can't argue with that!

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Its a great idea , the Fighting Cocks is a cracking little pub offering something slightly different to the Station and the Crown
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I read about this in our local CAMRA mag recently. Apparently, Ossett Brewery and Everards have gone into partnership with The New Albion in Wakefield:http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/41216/ Ossett aren't exactly struggling, so I wonder if they're just testing the water. It does seem like a very good scheme though.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I read about this in our local CAMRA mag recently. Apparently, Ossett Brewery and Everards have gone into partnership with The New Albion in Wakefield:http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/41216/ Ossett aren't exactly struggling, so I wonder if they're just testing the water. It does seem like a very good scheme though.
    Maybe they're not struggling, but they may well not have around 200K sloshing around to buy a new pub, whilst Everards..................

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I have to agree that this is a wonderful deal for the smaller breweries and hopefully it works for Everards as well.The two Project William pubs I've been to both feature Titanic ales and have breathed life into previously failing boozers.Will be popping into both this week to check on progress

The White Star ,Stoke
    www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/64903/

The Royal Exchange,Stone
    www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/34611/

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    White Horse have one
    This is the Royal Blenheim in Oxford. It was already owned by Everards but was struggling so they let White Horse take it on and run it as their brewery tap (although the brewery is some 20 odd miles away).

It's now doing a roaring trade with 10 handpumps selling all the White Horse beers plus a couple of guests from microbreweries around the country (White Horse run a swap scheme so they deliver some of their own beers to small breweries and take the other brewers beers in return). And of course they sell the one obligatory Everards ale as well.

I agree with the others, this is really an excellent scheme and everyone's a winner.
    Last edited by Grailhunter; 20-07-2010 at 12:05. Reason: Can't spell Evererds / Everards !

Bump.

Enterprise & Thornbridge have just have just nicked Everards idea to open The Greystones in Sheffield.

See Pete Browns blog in Blog Tracker here.

http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...ext-generation