Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Re Cropped Images thread below

This Space For Hire

Default Re Cropped Images thread below

Probably not in the right section but anyway:

Firstly, as regards the cropped images issue, it seems to be browser-related: MS Edge performs as said, Chrome works ok (once Flash allowed) and Firefox doesn't open at all - not tried anything else. Presumably a new method will be needed with the death of Flash anyway.

Secondly, I was not allowed to reply to the original thread as not having sufficient rights, which is why I posted a new one. Similarly, I tried to post to the Technical thread the other day and it told me my post was awaiting moderation.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Probably not in the right section but anyway:

Firstly, as regards the cropped images issue, it seems to be browser-related: MS Edge performs as said, Chrome works ok (once Flash allowed) and Firefox doesn't open at all - not tried anything else. Presumably a new method will be needed with the death of Flash anyway.
    I am able to open the largest size of photos using Firefox, after enabling Flash. (I usually raise technical issues with the site in the Requests section. That way anyone who knows the answer can reply - see below)

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Secondly, I was not allowed to reply to the original thread as not having sufficient rights, which is why I posted a new one. Similarly, I tried to post to the Technical thread the other day and it told me my post was awaiting moderation.
    In the That Doesn't Go There sub-forum, only the original poster and those with admin rights can reply to threads. (I don't know what you're refering to as the Technical thread.) What you did - posting a new thread that refers to the original - works fine if it's just a simple question and answer, but if it develops into a discussion it then needs someone with the requisite permissions to move the whole thing to somewhere where anyone can join in.

Hope this helps. If not, just shout DAVE!
    Come On You Hatters!