Ads not shown when logged in
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Preston Crawl, Friday 22nd April 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    As I can't see an itinerary on this thread for the '22 trip I thought I'd bump this so it's easy to find and start building something a bit more concrete.
    I know you're trying to be helpful, but:

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    My document on page 13 of this thread (#124) is the first five pubs.

The penultimate pub of the initial five has been getting some abuse on this thread for being too expensive, but the final one, the Black Horse, is an absolute gem, and not to be missed.

The document on page 14 (Steve's spreadsheet #134) has some suggestions for the latter half of the crawl.
    ...and this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Still working on my long promised pub crawl tool, made some progress in the past couple of weeks but not quite ready for people to try out yet.

I've just tried putting this version of the crawl into it though
    https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pub-cra...-5108cb472538/
    I know the thread has become a bit cluttered with people's train and bus fares, and the closure of the Sam Smiths pub, but the information was there!
    Come On You Hatters!

Glass Half Full

good choices - The Continental can be walked to through a lovely park by the river on a dry day though it will mean backtracking to get back to the main bars - I'd generally avoid chain bars like spoons and Northern Way as they are just like the other pubs in the franchise - suggest Friargate Tap over Noryhern Way - also suggest Guild Ale House, a CAMRA favourite

Quote Originally Posted by arthurchappell View Post
    The Continental can be walked to through a lovely park by the river on a dry day though it will mean backtracking to get back to the main bars
    If you click on this link to Dave's pub crawl tool, and then click on "show route" (under 1) the map will show the route between Old Vic and Continental, and then (under 2) between Continental and Winckley Street Ale House, and so on.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I know you're trying to be helpful, but:

...and this:

I know the thread has become a bit cluttered with people's train and bus fares, and the closure of the Sam Smiths pub, but the information was there!
    Ah good - yes it has become very cluttered over the past two years, so it's excellent to have everything now in one place.

Default V2 Proposal for how to accomodate the Plug and Taps early

Hi Guys and Girls..

I have been having another play with a possible running order and have a suggestion..

Taking Will's point that the Plug and Taps gets crowded early on Fridays how about we put it in after the Winkley Street Ale House and then continue to the Black Horse and the Market Tavern and slip the Hopwoods Tap House to after the Market Tavern as its then not far from the Hopwoods to the Guild Ale House.

Attached pdf then carries on by going from here to the Moorbrook but not then the Princess Alice as this would make it a very late finish.

As it is this route is for trains after 19.35pm. If you are earlier departure then you can cut out the Moorbrook, or if much later add in the Princess Alice (I will do a pdf for this option as well)..

What do people think ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Loving that strong middle-order challenge, with 5 pubs in 17min walking distance, hats-off to anyone playing jokers during that stretch...
    Just watching the thread, haven't signed up, but it's... I was going to say still some way off... but it ain't - two weeks tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    I have been having another play with a possible running order and have a suggestion..

Taking Will's point that the Plug and Taps gets crowded early on Fridays how about we put it in after the Winkley Street Ale House and then continue to the Black Horse and the Market Tavern and slip the Hopwoods Tap House to after the Market Tavern as its then not far from the Hopwoods to the Guild Ale House.

What do people think ?
    I think, depending on how many people are in the group, that the Plug & Taps being busy might be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Playing it by ear might be an idea.
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Hi Guys and Girls..

Attached pdf then carries on by going from here to the Moorbrook but not then the Princess Alice as this would make it a very late finish.

As it is this route is for trains after 19.35pm. If you are earlier departure then you can cut out the Moorbrook, or if much later add in the Princess Alice (I will do a pdf for this option as well)..

What do people think ?
    Happy enough with this updated version ,but will add the Princess Alice as a wild card as my mate Brian wants to pop in and I've got an 8pm train.The last few pub stops always become a bit randon after an extensive crawl anyway. Many thanks for the route info.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I suppose it's worth doing a role call now that we are within a fortnight of this exciting crawl.Reading back over what is now a long thread the following seem to be turning up,but I'm sure I would have missed a lot of people who do intend to attend,so apologies for any inaccuracies.

I will ammend as corrections come in.

rpadam
    ROB Camra
    Tris39
    Bucking Fastard + Brian +Clive
    Quinno
    sheffield hatter
    Gann
    Mobyduck
    an ecumenical matter + Tony
    Strongers
    Pangolin
    Gillhalfpint + Ray (both for some of the crawl)
    Alan H
    Real Ale Ray and Mrs Ale
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 20-04-2022 at 13:00. Reason: Revised 20/4/22
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Ms CAMRA will not now be attending, her Mum isn't very well.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas