Ads not shown when logged in
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Preston Crawl, Friday 22nd April 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I am now considering staying 2 nights in Manchester(training it to Preston and back on the 22nd) and traveling up from south on coach via Mega bus as the trains are not being very helpful at the moment.
    If I go with Megabus (v. attractive rates from Reading plus it goes from the station now) I'll be in Manc as well, up Thurs and back Sun, might as well make a few days of it....

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    I've had a play with inserting all the targets into a spreadsheet (I work better in excel ) to see if the remaining target 7 pubs are doable..

It makes it a long day and train home would realistically have to be after 8.15pm.. You can shorten the day by leaving out the Market Tavern ( back to station by 19.40) or the Princess Alice (back by 19.30)

Any other proposals and I can have a play with my spreadsheet..
    Still working on my long promised pub crawl tool, made some progress in the past couple of weeks but not quite ready for people to try out yet.

I've just tried putting this version of the crawl into it though
    https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pub-cra...-5108cb472538/

When I've finished the editing code I'm thinking everyone can use this version as a template and then alter it to their own personal preferences. We are all individuals after all. I might lock in the first 5 though as Will says we all have to do those in exactly that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    Before i get to old and knackered i think the Preston trip in April is an ideal opportunity to meet and show my appreciation for all the work and dedication
    the Pub's Galore team have given over the last 14 years i have been a member. Is it OK to bring a guest.
    That is great news. Looking forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I might lock in the first 5 though as Will says we all have to do those in exactly that order.
    Hence the use of the words "timings are approximate", which means no deviation from the stated timings will be allowed. And "take any path through the park", meaning anyone who deviates from following in my exact footsteps will be shot.

I do so look forward to a nice relaxing day out.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Still working on my long promised pub crawl tool, made some progress in the past couple of weeks but not quite ready for people to try out yet.

I've just tried putting this version of the crawl into it though
    https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pub-cra...-5108cb472538/
    It's looking good! You've got the route from the Old Vic to the Continental that Google Maps insists doesn't exist - very impressive.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Hence the use of the words "timings are approximate", which means no deviation from the stated timings will be allowed. And "take any path through the park", meaning anyone who deviates from following in my exact footsteps will be shot.

Think I'll follow Will.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

What is happening with the trains? I can see there are major engineering works on the bank holiday weekends either side of our crawl, but nothing on the actual weekend, unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

Avanti website doesn't mention anything about engineering works, it just says that tickets have not been released yet.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

I'll reprise my role as camp commandant, last seen on the PuG Reading crawl when we all melted on the hottest day of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    What is happening with the trains? I can see there are major engineering works on the bank holiday weekends either side of our crawl, but nothing on the actual weekend, unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

Avanti website doesn't mention anything about engineering works, it just says that tickets have not been released yet.
    From further back on the thread it seems that tickets will be fully up on March 7th because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I'll reprise my role as camp commandant, last seen on the PuG Reading crawl when we all melted on the hottest day of the year.

From further back on the thread it seems that tickets will be fully up on March 7th because reasons.

A new clipboard?

Prices will be more expensive than you could have booked in Feb.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    A new clipboard?

Prices will be more expensive than you could have booked in Feb.
    Indeed they will, Megabus almost certainly going to be my mode of transport.