Ads not shown when logged in
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: 2020 Spring crawl: Preston on Friday, 17th April

  1. #71
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    April the 8th is the start of the Camra members weekend in Eastbourne.
    Oops!
    Come On You Hatters!

  2. #72
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    751

    Default

    The Moorbrook is definitely still worth it. Go via Roper Hall and/or Plau then Vinyl Tap and it's barely five minutes walk via Moor Lane between each.

    There's a couple of micros towards Lane Ends for a proper excursion out...

  3. #73
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oxford Canal
    Posts
    2,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    The Moorbrook is definitely still worth it. Go via Roper Hall and/or Plau then Vinyl Tap and it's barely five minutes walk via Moor Lane between each.

    There's a couple of micros towards Lane Ends for a proper excursion out...
    Local knowledge is always helpful,thanks.Will you be joining the crawl ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  4. #74
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Local knowledge is always helpful,thanks.Will you be joining the crawl ?
    Very possible. If I'm allowed

  5. #75
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    664

    Default

    I fear the pub landscape is changing so much nowadays that there is little point in getting too bogged down in detail until much closer. Let's just get the date fixed for now.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

  6. #76
    Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    261

    Default

    There’s also a new micro in the middle of town, Friargate Tap. I haven’t visited yet though so don’t blame me if it’s crap!

    I believe the Plungington Hotel has gone massively downhill since changing ownership during lockdown. Certainly not worth a detour anyway.

    ABeerInPreston is a good account to follow on Twitter who gives regular updates on Preston pubs and bars. Although he’s more of a craft keg man, he should be able to give some good advice on where to visit or avoid.

  7. #77
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    There’s also a new micro in the middle of town, Friargate Tap. I haven’t visited yet though so don’t blame me if it’s crap!

    I believe the Plungington Hotel has gone massively downhill since changing ownership during lockdown. Certainly not worth a detour anyway.

    ABeerInPreston is a good account to follow on Twitter who gives regular updates on Preston pubs and bars. Although he’s more of a craft keg man, he should be able to give some good advice on where to visit or avoid.
    Along with Black Horse, a Wetherspoons, Plau, Roper Hall and Vinyl Tap on the way to Moorbrook it's really putting the Adelphi at a disadvantage..

  8. #78
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I fear the pub landscape is changing so much nowadays that there is little point in getting too bogged down in detail until much closer. Let's just get the date fixed for now.
    Good idea! Does someone want to set up a poll?
    Come On You Hatters!

  9. #79
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Wrong thread
    Last edited by Spinko; 04-12-2021 at 03:10.

  10. #80
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    I'm still unconvinced there was anything more than a bad flu going about, with excess deaths caused mainly by withdrawal of health care from the very old and frail.
    I think you may be on the wrong thread, as well as on the wrong website. The idea that Covid-19 is just "bad flu" is very old hat. And not at all relevant to the date of our trip to Preston in the spring next year.
    Come On You Hatters!

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 Spring Crawl to 'The North' (dates)
    By rpadam in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-01-2020, 00:47
  2. 2020 Spring Crawl to 'The North' (tie-breaker)
    By rpadam in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-12-2019, 20:46
  3. 2020 Spring Crawl to 'The North'
    By rpadam in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-12-2019, 20:45
  4. PuG Summer meet - St Albans: Friday 17th July 2015
    By sheffield hatter in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-07-2015, 07:38
  5. Another Black Country crawl SAT 17th NOV all welcome
    By an_ecumenical_matter in forum Recommend Me Do & Meet Ups
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 20:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •